Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Beginner

Default SEa Princess Apl 22 Crossing

Sea Princess Apl 22 Transatlantic Any one else on this? Good combo of sun and crossing Staying in Southampton to do Isle of Wight and Winchester
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Hi there, we're not on the cruise, but live in Southampton. So if there's anyway we can assist you with your advanced planning for your time in Southampton, please let us know.

Have a great cruise.

Alan
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the post. Planning to stay at the Hunters Lodge.Good or bad? Are trying to get tickets to Mayflower for the Rod Stewart musical, visit the Isle of Wight and Winchester. We have been to Salisbury and Stonehenge. Cindy and I are open to any suggestions. Will be in town from Sat may 6 to the morning of the 9th.
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Hi again,

Be warned, the Rod Stewart Musical finishes on Saturday the 6th, and the evening tickets are showing as limited. If you want to book your tickets in advance, they Mayflower has an agent on the web https://www.ticketsouth.co.uk/may/ShowDatesCombo.aspx

We're not familiar with the Hunter's Lodge, from looking on the web, I presume it's the one in Languard Road, if so, it has an AA 4 star rating, and is as good a place as any to be in Southampton, as it's within easy walking distance for everything. I take it that you've seen their website http://www.hunterslodgehotel.net/index.htm

For the Isle of Wight, it's a short crossing from Southampton, and passes close to the QEII terminal - unfortunately you leave on the day that the QEII arrives, and the day before the QM2 arrives, so won't be sailing past them.

To go to Winchester, you can simply hop on a train (10 minutes from your hotel) which will get you there in about 15 minutes depending on number of en-route stops. The way to the centre of Winchester isn't at all obvious from the station, so it's best to ask at the desk. You may also want to stop in at the military museums & old gates on the way into the city. Again, just ask if you want more specifics.

As for shopping, Cindy will be pleased to know that Southampton has a new shopping centre - West Quay - so be warned ;o)

best wishes to the two of you,

speak soon

Alan & Katrina
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Beginner

Aan & Katrina,
Thanks for your prompt post I'm cindy < Saebabe> the other half of Seabouy < Keith> We will order our tickets for the "Rod " tomorrow and fly off the ship to get the early show!
Good to have you to answer any questions~~ we were in
Southampton last year but just as a port day my shopping will be for beads I make jewelry

thanks again
Cindy
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Beginner

[img]/countdown.php?month=04&2006=2006&67=12:00&hour=16: 00[/img]
Old February 14th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Hi Cindy & Keith,

Always a pleasure to help,

Alan & Katrina
Old February 20th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Beginner

myself and hubby are sailing on the sea princess from 15/04/06 and are doing the transatlantic crossing to southampton.see you there .