Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carib. Princess bathroom is a small closet

Why don't Princess and other cruislines make the bathrooms in the staterooms a little larger and comfortable. We had a balcony on theCaribe deck and the bathroom was a joke. I mean they could have utilize some of the space where the closet was and expanded the bathroom. It was ridiculous. If u are over 200lbs. u can forget it. For example, the toilet isa shelf extending from the wall and so close to the shower and not even a feet from the sink. Justa suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Admiral

san007,

Why don't Princess and other cruislines make the bathrooms in the staterooms a little larger and comfortable. We had a balcony on theCaribe deck and the bathroom was a joke. I mean they could have utilize some of the space where the closet was and expanded the bathroom. It was ridiculous. If u are over 200lbs. u can forget it. For example, the toilet isa shelf extending from the wall and so close to the shower and not even a feet from the sink. Justa suggestion.

Deck space is at a premium aboard every cruise ship, so they make standard cabins -- including their heads -- compact and efficient, but functional. Princess's layout actually is pretty standard for the "premium" cruise lines. I weigh in at about fifteen stones (which is over your threshold of two hundred pounds) and have always found the heads to have pleny of room to do what I'm there to do. The suites are larger, offering as much space as a typical master suite in a modern "executive class" home, but they also are proportionately more expensive.

Your choice.

Norm.
Old June 24th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Yes, the showers are small

Just don't drop the soap.
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Admiral

B. J. Keen,

Just don't drop the soap.

The standard shower stalls measure about 30" by 48". That gives most folks enough room either to squat or to bend over form the waist. I actually have stayed in guest accommodations ashore that had smaller shower stalls than Princess's ships.

Norm.
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Admiral

If they make the head larger, the space has to come from somewhere. They are not going to reduce the number of cabins, so the space would come from the rest of the cabin space.

Most are not that large to begin with. Taking 20 sq. ft. from the main cabin would now make it more like a tomb.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Norm

I'm teasing. I had a wonderful cruise.
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Wow, Norm. I haven't heard the term "stones" as a weight value in ages. I can tell you aren't from around "our" parts here in Texas . Always wanted to go to Great Britain, maybe someday we'll make it.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Admiral

stateroom bathrooms in standard cabins are small on just about every cruise line, the old joke is that you can "%^&*,shower & shave" in one position in a cruise ship bathroom
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Michael & Sandra,

Wow, Norm. I haven't heard the term "stones" as a weight value in ages.

Aren't obscure units of measure wonderful?

Every so often, I get tempted to have my vehicle's speedometer recalibrated in furlongs per fortnight....

I can tell you aren't from around "our" parts here in Texas

No, but I do like your former governor!

Always wanted to go to Great Britain, maybe someday we'll make it.

It's well worth the trip. Be sure you get up to Edinburgh while you are there.

Norm.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default Bathrooms

We just returned from Rhapsody of the Seas. This was THE smallest shower, after 19 cruises...! I could not keep the shower curtain closed. I could not turn around in the shower without dragging the curtain with me. I just decided to soap the walls and spin. It worked very well...!
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:19 PM
First Mate

Yup they're pretty small but considering you basically get a walk in closet and a humungoid balcony I'll take the trade in space.

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Admiral

"soap the walls and spin" , clay that is too funny!!
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think the glasses to make a drink are to small
Nile Romance Nile River 5/90
QE2 Transatlantic 8/95
Norwegian Crown Western Caribbean 4/97
Celebrity Zenith Panama Canal 04/98
Carnival Jubilee Southern Caribbean 03/99
Renaissance R3 Tahiti 11/99
Dawn Princess B2B Southern Caribbean 04/00
Norwegian Majesty Bermuda 09/00
Norwegian Wind Western Caribbean 12/03
Norwegian Spirit Southern Caribbean 12/03/04
Celebrity Horizon Western Caribbean 03/25/05
Coral Princess SB Alaska 6/18/05
Majesty of the Seas Bahamas 10/10/05
Holland America Westerdam E-W Caribbean B2B 12/4 12/11
Celebrity Millennium Panama Canal & South America 12/24/15
Regal Princess South America around Cape Horn 3/9/06
MSL Lirica Southern Caribean/Panama 4/11/06
Island Princess North Bound Alaska 5/15/06

Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Flush

Ok, now that we have the shower size out of the way, how about the huge suction when you flush? Geez, the first time I went on a cruise I flushed and jumped right off the toilet. It sounds like it is going to take you with it. Hee hee hee. Do you agree?
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Admiral

B. J. Keen,

Ok, now that we have the shower size out of the way, how about the huge suction when you flush? Geez, the first time I went on a cruise I flushed and jumped right off the toilet. It sounds like it is going to take you with it. Hee hee hee. Do you agree?

It's a vaccuum toilet, so you are supposed to get up and close the lid before flushing. If you don't do this, you just may discover that it really does suck....

Norm.
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
B. J. Keen,

It's a vaccuum toilet, so you are supposed to get up and close the lid before flushing. If you don't do this, you just may discover that it really does suck....

Norm.
We just got off the GTS Infinity...and as we walked down the halls on our deck (#7) you could hear the toilets flushing from the different cabins! Since the bathrooms are right next to the outside wall...that loud Whoosseeee! sound comes right through the cabin walls into the hallway. An interesting introduction you your fellow cruisers, I must say
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Passenger

Speaking of the "whooshing" toilets---We cruised with our three grandchildren on the Costa Magica in March and my 3-year old granddaughter was absolutely terrified of the noisy toilets. After her first experience with it she refused to use the toilet until we promised to send her out of the bathroom into "safety" before we flushed. Other than that she had a terrific time on the cruise--when it was time to disembark she told us she wanted to live on the big boat!

We'll be cruising on the Coral Princess from LA, through the Panama Canal, to Ft. Lauderdale on 9/28/06 (minus grandchildren). Any comments on that ship?