Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
Passenger

Default Does Princess dock in the same place all the time in ports?

Do cruiseships dock according to any specific schedule of the given day or do they "reserve" a spot beforehand? I've always been a bit curious about that..lol!

Also..does anyone know how far the port in Copenhagen is from the centre of town? I'm investigating hotels and I'm a little lost until I get y bearings..I'm wavering between taking the hotel that Princess is offering and just trying to book on our own. Are there plenty of taxis at the port and is it very expensive to get to downtown? If it is..it might be worth just taking Princess and letting them handle the transfers..unless there are hotels that offer free pickup at the pier?

SOrry to ask so many questions..I tried posting on the Hotels forum but it doesn't seem to be as "lively" as this one!!

Thanks a million!

Camelia
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Each port has a docking schedule. The schedule tells when each ship is scheduled to arrive and what pier it will dock at. In the majority of cases, cruise ships will dock at the same pier. However, the schedule is subject to changes due to the weather and other unforeseen circumstances.

The second one ....

The ship docks in Langelinie. It is about a 30-minute walk to the city center (or a short taxi, bus or train ride).

We just walked it to the city.

Langelinje - The Cruise Harbor

The Northeastern quay of Copenhagen Harbor is called Langelinje, or the older Langelinie, which means long line. This refers to its long, straight build. Langelinje is the most visited cruise harbor in Europe. Copenhagen was voted the Worlds Leading Cruise Harbor and Europe's Leading Cruise Destination at the 2005 World Travel Awards. The Copenhagen Harbor has a unique location for cruises into the Baltic Sea and Scandinavia, and Copenhagen Airport is among the Worlds' best, with excellent connections between airport and Langelinje.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08