Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default Pre-Cruise Packet

Were takin a Sept cruise to Alaska on the Coral. Full payment due in June, but I paid it off last month. Will I get the packet in June or will it come sooner?

TIA

Becky
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Default Going on the Coral to Alaska.

When is your cruise? We are going to Alaska on the Coral in Aug/Sept, leaving out of Vancouver on Aug 27th. (First cruise) We will be paying off our cruise this week and I was wondering the same thing.
Susan
Old April 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Passenger

our curise leaves Sept 10th. BTW Welcome to the CC. And come back and let me know how the cruise was since you go before me....

Becky
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Pre cruise documents - listing shore excursions, and guest registration forms, could arrive 5-8 weeks before the cruise.

The actual cruise documents will arrive 2 -4 weeks before the cruise.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Admiral

You need to go to the Princess Web site and regisister if you don't have an account already. http://www.princess.com/

Once online, you fill out the forms from your computer. After that, about a month or so prior to your cruise, you printout your cruise documents. You can select your tours online about 45 days before the sail date. No need to send any $$$ as it is charged to your cruise card.

Princess has to submit the passenger list and associated data to Homeland Security 45 days before the sail date.

The only thing that you get in the mail are luggage tags, a tour booklet, and a form for booking tours. However if you wait that long, they might be sold out.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Beginner

Default Pre-cruise packet

We received ours 6 weeks prior to our planned trip. All arranged through AAA and the packet was sent to them, and I picked it up from AAA.
Old April 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone for your replys. I'm already reg. @ Princess and already picked out our excursions. Plane tickets are paid for and our 3 day tour of Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver is also all paid for. So I guess I just need to sit back an wait and wait for my passport and the next 148 days to go by.........

Becky
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Passenger

I went on line a few months ago and reserved our shore excursion, the site said you can do that 120 days prior to the cruise, but it allowed me to reserve then. I hope it was not a "glitch" and we are indeed registered. Registered our passports in January. (My Dad is going with us, he was born in 1921 and never had a birth cerificate. We applied for passports early in case there was a problem with the documentation we had)
I have been lurking here for a few months, and sent the a link to friends going on the cruise with us. I am so glad I found this site, lots of good information, advice and everyone is so nice .
Old April 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Princess recently introduced E-Docs across the whole fleet and implemented a schedule of events to happen for you to get your documents.
Actual schedule for Princess is as follows:
1. At 120 days before your cruise you will be able to reserve your shore excursions.
2. Providing you are paid in full and have filled out all cruise documents online at My Princess, you will receive a package about 75 days before your cruise with a Cruise Answer Book, Shore Excursion Book, forms to purchase shore excursions, and your luggage tags.
3. At about 45 days before your cruise (I have seen it as early as 75 days before) you will be able to go online and print out your boarding passes. As an additional precaution you may want to also print out all the forms you filled out online. This can be done from your cruise personalizer. On the right side under travel summary click on "View my travel summary and boarding pass"

If you do not have internet access you can request these forms and documents from your TA.
Old April 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Passenger

this is what it says on the websites FAQ section:

"Question: When will my cruise documents/Adventures Ashore brochure and tour reservation forms be sent?
Answer: The following schedule gives the standard guidelines for mailing documents.

At approximately 75 days prior to your cruise, the pre cruise information packet is processed for distribution. Upon final payment and completion of your Passenger Information Form, additional cruise documentation may be sent by Princess at approximately 45 days prior to your cruise. Processing and mailing can take up to two weeks.

US locations
21 or more days prior to departure - United States Postal Service
20 - 13 days prior to departure - Airborne 2 day service
12 - 01 days prior to departure - Airborne overnight service

Canadian locations
6 or more days prior to departure - To our agent via Fedex for distribution in Canada
5 - 1 prior to departure - Fedex international service

Outside US & Canada
Regardless of days prior to departure- Fedex International"

i reserved all my shore excursions online already... but i guess you have to wait for your packet in order to sign up for excursions for the land part of a cruisetour. trying to be patient...
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs
reserved all my shore excursions online already... but i guess you have to wait for your packet in order to sign up for excursions for the land part of a cruisetour. trying to be patient...
If you are talking about pre and post cruise packages, you can do that anytime.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Quote:
megs wrote:
reserved all my shore excursions online already... but i guess you have to wait for your packet in order to sign up for excursions for the land part of a cruisetour. Sad trying to be patient...

If you are talking about pre and post cruise packages, you can do that anytime.
my itinerary is set... what i am waiting for is the chance to reserve optional activities in fairbanks and denali... they only do the cruise excursions online...