Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
First Mate

Default Golden Princess Bedding

My in-laws, who are cruising with us on the 30th, asked me the other day if I knew whether or not if the bedding on the Golden Princess is a wonderful as it was on our last cruise on the Carnival Spirit. Any one out there know the answer??? Thanks!
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Cannot speak for Carnival bedding, but the Golden has all new bedding. I find that the dovet is too hot for me. I would prefer a sheet instead.

Other than that, they are nice.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Having cruised on Carnival Spirit this last Feb. and Golden Princess two weeks ago, I can tell you that the bedding is as stark as night and day.

We booked one of the large balcony rooms on the Caribe deck of the Golden.
The mattress was a thin, maybe four inch, innerspring mattress on a rigid steel grate. The mattress was very worn out at the spot that people would sit on the edge to gaze out the balcony windows. Every time I laid on the bed I would have to edge over to the middle or lay diagonally to keep from rolling.
I could not believe how bad it was. I would expect better from any budget motel chain, let alone Princess. We had the steward put on a foam pad, but it helped very little. The linen on the Golden was okay, but the mattress should be scrapped. Some of the bedding on the Golden may be new. Definitely not new in room C201.
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefisher
...We booked one of the large balcony rooms on the Caribe deck of the Golden.
The mattress was a thin, maybe four inch, innerspring mattress on a rigid steel grate. The mattress was very worn out...The linen on the Golden was okay...
I think Princess has upgraded the bed linens in all the cabins on the Golden, but has only upgraded the mattresses in the full suites and the mini-suites. We are just off the Golden and had a mini-suite. The mattresses seemed fairly new (just not firm enough for me, but I slept like a log ever night anyway!). The bed linens were great, and definitely new -- very luxurious!

NEXT UP:
Sapphire Princess - April 2008
Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia
Followed by Australian Outback Land Tour