Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM
First Mate

Default Spa special while in port

A few years back when we were on the Sapphire I remember that they would run spa special the days we were in port. They seemed to be much better prices then sea days for obvious reasons. If any of you out there have cruised on the Golden recently and can tell me if this is still true, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Don't know about the Golden, but it was true on the Coral this past April - $79 for 3 20 minutes ... I had a combination of 2 on my back and one on my feet.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

its true on the corwn
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Spa special while in port

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
A few years back when we were on the Sapphire I remember that they would run spa special the days we were in port. They seemed to be much better prices then sea days for obvious reasons. If any of you out there have cruised on the Golden recently and can tell me if this is still true, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!
They also give everyone who enters the raffle at the Spa on the boarding day open house, some special pricing on treatments (not the grand prize, but a runner-up prize!). Also, they gave me 50% off my any treatment on the last full day. I think this was because I had a full-price treatment the first full day. I already had a massage scheduled that last full day, so I got it for 50% off! In addition, I requested the same masseuse and she gave me 75 minute massage instead of a 50 minute massage (for 1/2 off!). I think it's good to tip them well. I certainly enjoyed the service!

NEXT UP:
Sapphire Princess - April 2008
Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia
Followed by Australian Outback Land Tour
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="AlaskaGolden)
They also give everyone who enters the raffle at the Spa on the boarding day open house, some special pricing on treatments (not the grand prize, but a runner-up prize!). Also, they gave me 50% off my any treatment on the last full day. I think this was because I had a full-price treatment the first full day. I already had a massage scheduled that last full day, so I got it for 50% off! In addition, I requested the same masseuse and she gave me 75 minute massage instead of a 50 minute massage (for 1/2 off!). I think it's good to tip them well. I certainly enjoyed the service![/quote]

I'm curious to know what is considered a good tip for spa services. Is 15 or 20 % of the cost of the service appropriate?
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM
Passenger

[quote=Janice Marie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AlaskaGolden)
They also give everyone who enters the raffle at the Spa on the boarding day open house, some special pricing on treatments (not the grand prize, but a runner-up prize!). Also, they gave me 50% off my any treatment on the last full day. I think this was because I had a full-price treatment the first full day. I already had a massage scheduled that last full day, so I got it for 50% off! In addition, I requested the same masseuse and she gave me 75 minute massage instead of a 50 minute massage (for 1/2 off!). I think it's good to tip them well. I certainly enjoyed the service![/quote

I'm curious to know what is considered a good tip for spa services. Is 15 or 20 % of the cost of the service appropriate?
My first massage on the Golden was only the second massage I've ever had in my life, and the first one was about a week before the cruise. Anyway, the massage I had on land (my first ever) was where we had 2 masseuses come to the house we were renting in the Outerbanks (NC), and 8 of us had massages at different times. I asked the same question then about tipping. If the masseuse works from someone else (as they all do on the Princess ships), then a $20 tip is customary for a massage in the $100 to $130 range.

NEXT UP:
Sapphire Princess - April 2008
Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia
Followed by Australian Outback Land Tour
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="AlaskaGolden"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
I already had a massage scheduled that last full day, so I got it for 50% off! In addition, I requested the same masseuse and she gave me 75 minute massage instead of a 50 minute massage (for 1/2 off!). I think it's good to tip them well. I certainly enjoyed the service!
Just doublechecking here: Are you saying that you can you use those discounts on something that you've already prebooked?

Kim