Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Beginner

Default trying to find reasonable transport to cruise dock,southhamp

we are a party of 7 going on sea princess on Aug18 out of southhampton, england. I recall from several years back that there was a couple who ran a car service business who had decent prices for the ride from london to the dock in southhampton. does anybody know of them or any other reasonable fares? We have taken a bus in the past but we are 7 people with at least 14 pieces of luggage. Princess wants too much for seven of us it would be like $ 1750.00.
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Why don't you check with your Travel Agent? They could probably make arrangements for you. If you don't have a TA get one. I always do better with a local agent than through the cruise line or an on-line agency.
Jim.
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Captain

There are many Private Hire services in the area, I went onto Google.co.uk & put the search "Southampton to Heathrow" and got a large number of websites. The prices for 7 people was around £120 e/w

I've not personally used any of them, so cannot advise on the quality, but it may be worth you sending a few emails out to get a feel for what they have to offer.

Hope this helps,

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+1), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old July 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Beginner

Pleae give me the name of that car service that gets 120 english pounds for seven people to southhampton, that seems like a very good deal.
Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Captain

Hi Sheena, I've sent you a PM, please let me know if you don't receive it & I'll post it again on here. Hopefully will have more advice tomorrow.

best wishes,

Alan.

History :
Adonia(4+1), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Captain

Hi Sheena, could you confirm that you received my message today regarding airlynx. Only when I hit the send button, I received an error message, so wasn't sure if it was sent or not.

thanks,

Alan.

History :
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Dear Alan:
Yes we got it, and I sent back a pm, maybe several.
Best regards,
Sheena
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Passenger

Default buses

You can get a coach (bus) from Victoria Coach Station in London to Southampton as well for around 40 pounds. Surely your TA can advise that?

Think the line is called National.

Cheers

Princess Elite Cruiser
195 cruise days with Sitmar, P&O and Princess
All over the world !
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Thanks but we have done that in the past , not practical with 14 pieces of luggage and 7 people, also 7x$80.00= $560.00 not worth a 21/2 hr bus ride. Can't wait to give you tips on travel in U.S.A. ( by the way funsaver fares on National Coach are 36 English pds for 3 people not 40 per person).
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Beginner

I am on the same cruise with my 17 yr. old son. I'm a 46 yr. old father and just curious about the age group traveling with you. I just hope that my son has someone about his age to have fune with. My name is Mike, hope to hear from you and maybe meet onboard.
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Captain

Default FAO mjrau

Hi there, don't worry about the age group.

Sea Princess is much loved by the British cruising fraternity, and as this cruise is still within our school/college/university summer holiday period, there will be a wide range of ages on board. As long as you don't mind too many Brits on board ;o)

Hope you have a lovely time on board,

Alan & Katrina

History :