Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Default Coffee on the Crown

Coffee first thing in the a.m. is a must for me. I read a post a few pages back that you had to have a coffee card and pay for coffee. Is morning coffee delivered to the room extra or is it on the continental breakfast list? NCL had a little coffee maker in the cabin which was perfect for me but I can easily live without that if I can have a small pot delivered when I wake up (hopefully without paying extra).
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Coffee is available from room service or the buffet 24 hours a day. It is also available in the dining rooms with meals.
Coffee is also availabe in the piazza (atrium) at a cost of, I believe, $1 a cup.
Jim.
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Coffee is available in all dining rooms, the buffets and room service. No extra charge.

However, if you want FRESH BREWED (as opposed to the syrup based coffee) then you either pay for it by the cup at the coffee bar or you get yourself a coffee card and with that you get 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed.

The "regular" coffee isn't that bad. We bought the coffee card, mostly for the specialty coffees but we usually used it for fresh brewed as well. But mornings I did drink regular stuff from room service and it was just fine.

Kim
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hear a lot of people knock Princess coffee because it is made from concentrate. Maybe I am a little nuts but I really like the Coffee on Princess. I do think that I know a good cup of Coffee when I get one too.
Jim.
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Passenger

Does anybody know if princess provides splenda as a sugar substitue? If they do great, if not.. thats just another thing to pack
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes they do.

Kim
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Passenger

I'm a big morning coffee drinker and one of the best parts of cruising is having that pot of coffee delivered to me when I wake up. Use your room service cards found in your cabin and let that knock on the door be your wake up call. Especially nice if you have a balcony, take your coffee out on the balcony and start your day right. There's no charge and it sets the tone for day ---- Pamper ME! THought coffee was just fine. I didn't have to make it and someone brought it to me. That's good enough for me!
Anne
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Passenger

W egot coffee every moring from room service at no extra charge except for the tip we would give. This coffee was good but later in the 14 day cruise I would go to the gourmet coffee bar and pay for it. I seem to remember that this coffee was very good but cost 2 to 3 dollars. I dont think room service will deliver the gourmet to the room. So I had to go get it and then bring it back to our balcony. If I had it over to do again I would have bought the gourmet coffee card.
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Passenger

I sent a coffee card as a gift to my car pool buddy; he was on HAL to Alaska. Found all the information on the web site and faxed in the order. He loved it and felt that the value was truly there. Each day he had a specialty coffee that he would not normally purchase and because he had the card, he could have anything off the menu. All they did was stamp the card. He was on a strict budget and was very grateful for the gift.
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Passenger

We just got off the Crown 9/15 - All our family with us thought the coffee was more than adequate. Only problem we saw was many times the pictures of milk and cream were spoiled. Once employees were told, however, it was immediately remedied. We own a deli, so I think we're a pretty good judge of good and bad coffee. My mom, aunt and myself enjoyed a cup of cappuchino while watching the sushi demonstration ($2) and we all thought it was just dandy. My husband and I have been on NCL and Carnival before and have not like their coffee at all. We were on the Dawn two years ago and the coffee we made in our suite with the coffee maker provided was folgers and it was fine, yet we saw them using folgers in their machines in the buffet and it was absolutely terrible. I was unaware of the coffee card, but it sounds like a great deal if you're a real coffee afficionado.