CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Young or Old? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/348201-young-old.html)

Aussicruiser March 9th, 2008 02:56 PM

Young or Old?

I'm going on a cruise with a couple of my friends (we're 18) to Australia. The cruise is on the Sun Princess and will last 18 nights. Its during June/July season. I just want to know what the demographics are. I've been hearing a lot about an older crowd on the Princess Cruises and am a little worried cause although I enjoy the company, I'm looking for a crowd more my age. The cruise is already booked. Anyone have any facts or experiences that would really be helpful to share.

shiploger March 9th, 2008 03:24 PM

Hi am 27 and in april this will be cruise number 5 with princess. The age range seems to change on the area you cruise. The med seems to have all ages onboard but on the baltic cruise i did the age range was a bit more older. I would not worry you will have a great time with the people that cruise with princess. LOL

Trip March 9th, 2008 04:03 PM

Usually, the gauge is, the longer the cruise, the older the cruiser. This makes sense, just because of the fact that, the older passenger, has the time to take cruises measured in weeks rather than days. This is not to say, you won't find some people close in age. Enjoy your cruise.

DeepSpace March 10th, 2008 02:27 AM

I agree the longer the cruise the older the cruiser. We have found that the age groups don't vary that much from cruise to cruise.

The younger groups tend to take more summer trips, than year round.
I believe each cruise offers something for everyone, no matter what your age might be. Just enjoy.

princess3 March 10th, 2008 09:47 PM

Other people have answered correctly: the longer the cruise, the older the crowd. That's mainly because of two things: time and money. Older people generally have more of both than younger people do. The younger crowd prefers the "fun" cruises, mostly Caribbean routes, ones they can get drunk and tan on, and they'll do some shopping at good ports, too.

Also, the farther away the destination is, the older the crowd. Because of price, too. Most 20-somethings can't afford to fly around the world to Australia for a vacation. Of course, there may be 20-something Australian people on that ship, but generally, it will be an older crowd.

Audrey

LisaK March 12th, 2008 11:18 AM

the others are correct, it seems that the longer the cruise. more exotic the destination the older the crowd, and on Princess you will find more seasoned travelers with amazing life stories, regardless of their age. Its in what you make of your cruise experience, so relax, enjoy and have a blast

mehawk March 12th, 2008 04:25 PM

It also depends on the time of the year. During holidays the passengers will take their children with them so that makes it younger also.

nmnita March 12th, 2008 06:20 PM

An 18 day cruise will bring out an older crowd, but because it is summer there will be families with young children cruising as well. Go with the attitude you are going to have a great experience, close down the bars by yourselves if you have to and don't woory too much. Even though the majority will be 50 plus there will be young people on the ship as well.

Nita :wink:

richstacy March 12th, 2008 10:32 PM

The other posters have said it all and nita has put it very succinctly. On an 18 day cruise there will be a good number of older cruisers. Longer and more exotic cruises tend to attract older, more well to do people. But there will be middle aged and younger ones as well and even families with children in July. If you choose traditional dining you will be seated with people like yourselves. All of your shipmates regardless of age will be interesting people and you will have a wonderful time :!: :D