Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Default return flight, Ft Lauderdale

Hi, we are consider the Ruby Princess. It is scheduled to return to Ft Lauderdale at 7am. The cheap flight back to Canada leaves the airport at 11:50 am. Is it cutting it too close? thanks for any comments.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Admiral

You may not get off until 8:30 or so but you should have no trouble catching the 11:50 AM flight. It's a very short taxi ride to the airport and I would recommend you take a taxi because Princess's bus transportation waits until the bus is full and then drops you off quite aways from the curbside check in. I think it's about $16 by taxi.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Very minimal travel time from port to airport in Ft. Lauderdale, you should be fine.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Thanks, and is it likely at all that ships will be delayed getting back into port?

Or what happened to us during a cruise several years ago, some of our suitcases were dropped in the sea while they were bringing them to shore! took a while to fish them out (and we left a trail of sea water right to the airport!)
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippi
Thanks, and is it likely at all that ships will be delayed getting back into port?

Or what happened to us during a cruise several years ago, some of our suitcases were dropped in the sea while they were bringing them to shore! took a while to fish them out (and we left a trail of sea water right to the airport!)
Tippi,

Late arrivals are not the norm and luggage being dropped while unloading is really rare so I would not make those part of your calculation. I am sorry that this happened to you. It had to be a bad way to end a lovely vacation.

An 11:50 flight time is fine from FLL.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Captain

We just flew out of Ft. Lauderdale. We got off Ship at 8:40 and was at the Airport by 9:15. Our flight wasn't until 12:40. But we caught a taxi, that might make a difference. The ship docked at 8:00.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Passenger

We were on a Royal cruise and could not disembark until 9:45. Considering you have an international flight, you would probably have not been there in time. Chances are fairly good you will be ok, but for international, I think you are taking a chance of missing it. Other posters who advise otherwise perhaps are forgetting this is international and you need to be checked in earlier than for domestic. Or maybe they just disagree with me - but I would be cautious.
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Passenger

I should also add - we could not disembark because of the customs folks, not because of the cruise line
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

For the most part, since this port is the most convenient to the aiport, you should be ok....Just factor in all the ships passengers going to the airport, and security lines....if a slightly later flight is not that much more, maybe the no sweat factor would be worth it.

Once, on the Mercury, there were issues with customs, and we were delayed boarding for quite a while..good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Beginner

thanks to everyone. we changed the date and found a flight at 2:50pm. but appreciate the tip for the $15 cab ride, they charge $25 pp for transfers!

Maybe now there's enough time to take the Everglades Airboat Ride too!