Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Passenger

Default sapphire beach.

can anyone tell me were sapphire beach is in st thomas,and if it's anywere near the port were the cruise lines dock...thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
First Mate

Sapphire Beach is near Red Hook in St. John Bay, here

Where you ship docks depends on which company you are cruising with. If I remember correctly HAL and Princess generally moor at Crown Bay while most others moor at Long Bay.

Officially, the closest (not the best... just by distance) to the ship if it's at Long Beach is Morningstar Beach. For Crown Bay it would be Lindberg Bay (Emerald Beach).

If you need information on the beachest on St. Thomas, look at http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/
Old March 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we went there it wasn't too far from the pier. Either way it is so worth it. By far one of the best beaches I have ever been to.
Old March 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Beginner

Default Re: sapphire beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon
can anyone tell me were sapphire beach is in st thomas,and if it's anywere near the port were the cruise lines dock...thanks
We arrived on the Carnival Miracle. I don't know what pier that was. I believe it took about 15 minutes to get to the beach via a tour van. I also wanted to say "beware" of the public bathroom on this beach. IT IS COED!! I was unaware of this and I was quite surprised to find a man about two feet away from me. My stall bathroom door was missing so therefore I was totally exposed while changing into a bathing suit. So, beware and go with a partner. It was also very dirty. The beach on the other hand was just gorgeous!! Blue waters, crystal clear and very warm. We will be there in June and I will visit Magdens Bay this time.

Have a wonderful time!!
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Last June while my wife and I were aboard the Carnival Liberty we had a stop in St Thomas and decided to go to Sapphire Beach. "Most" of the ship dock in Havensight, but if it is too clogged you will dock in Crown Bay Cruise Ship terminal, to the west of Charlotte Amalie. The taxi ride was $10. p/p (plus tip each way) from Havensight to Sapphire Beach and is a short ride. If you tell the cab driver a time, they will come back and pick you up so you don't have to worry. The beach, like others have said, is beautiful and not that crowded (at least not when we were there). There is the Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina where you can get something to eat and drink but I don't remember the problems with the rest rooms that Toomanything indicated. Just be mindfull of the iguanas on the beach.

On our up coming trip (May 10, 2009 aboard Caribbean Princess) we are going to try Coki Beach for a change because we've already been to Megan's Bay and Trunk Bay.

Have a pleasant trip.
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Saphire Beach has the most equisite blue green water I have ever seen, picture postcard perfect. Go and enjoy!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Check my review above for Emerald Princess. In Part 5 we went to Sapphire Beach and you can see photos and get descriptions of taxi costs etc..
Beautiful beach!
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Passenger

you have to take a cab but it is well worth it if you snorkel. if you snorkel take cab to either koki beach or sapphire beach. if you just want to relax and beautiful beach - megans bay. hope this helps you.