Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Default Coffee Stamps

Last time I cruised Princess we weren't offered Coffee Stamps? How much are they? And, one question, is the coffee purchased with the coffee stamp FRESH brewed, or is it like the coffee offered in the Horizon Court? (yuk)
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

This must be something new, never heard of coffee stamps?

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Hi Kukana, are you refering to the coffee cards? if so they work out so that you can get 15 decent latte/cappucino/espresso/Americano etc for the price of 12.
In addition, last time we were on board (Sept 2008) you could still get unlimitted fresh ground coffee free of charge with them.

and No!, it wasn't the sludge that you get in the Courts

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Coffee Cards

[color=#444444]I have been on two Princess cruises this year, The purchase of coffee cards is the only way to go.

You can use the same card for every cruise, as long as you don't fill up all 15 punches on your card.
You get unlimited fresh brewed coffee and some of the best teas I have ever tasted.

The international Cafe is the location to get TO GO cups.

June 20th, I will be on a 14-day Alaska Cruise on the Diamond Princess, Vancouver r/t............... can't wait to use my existing coffee card.

Happy Cruising
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you also want a really good cup of brewed coffee, ask for the Jamaican Blue Mountain. It does count as a "punch" on the card, but well worth it. The cost for a 16 oz without the card is $3 which is well worth it since the coffee is $38-50/pound.
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Beginner

I'm so glad to know you can use the unfinished coffee cards on future cruises. I had a few punches left after our Amazon cruise and I gave them away to a fellow cruiser who was doing the return trip. I will probally purchase on one our next cruise to Alaska, knowing I can keep the un used card for my next trip.
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Passenger

Thank you, all of you, for your replies! I am so talked into it -- into purchasing the coffee card! My sister and I set sail Aug 22nd! (Coffee in hand!)

Again, mahalo!!!
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Familiar Face

Since we only use our card for freshly brewed coffee and an occasional coffee drink for a friend, our card has only been punched 5 times. It has now been on 5 cruises! I put it away with our passports until it's ready for its next cruise.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Beginner

Hi.
We are on the new Ruby Princess in July and it will be our first Princess cruise. My husband spent quite a lot on coffee on our Norwegian Cruise because he did not care for the coffee offered in the dining areas. This coffee card sounds great for him. I have searched the Princess web site and I did not find any information about the coffee card. How much is the card? Is it something that is offered to all cruisers or do you have to specifically ask for it? I like the idea that it can be used on future cruises. Thanks for the tip....I will be sure to look into this when we go this summer.
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbeck
Hi.
We are on the new Ruby Princess in July and it will be our first Princess cruise. My husband spent quite a lot on coffee on our Norwegian Cruise because he did not care for the coffee offered in the dining areas. This coffee card sounds great for him. I have searched the Princess web site and I did not find any information about the coffee card. How much is the card? Is it something that is offered to all cruisers or do you have to specifically ask for it? I like the idea that it can be used on future cruises. Thanks for the tip....I will be sure to look into this when we go this summer.
It costs $27.60 ($24 for the card + 15% tip). When you first embark, there will be various tables set up (usually near the buffet elevators) that are selling soda cards, ultimate kids package, and the coffee cards. Alternatively, you can just go to the International Cafe and buy the card there. That is where they have the fresh brewed coffee and all the specialty coffees. You can just go to either one and ask to purchase the coffee card.
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the information! We will be sure to look into it when we cruise this summer!
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Passenger

I love the responses I'm getting with this question. THANK YOU! I have an added question to my first, please. Is the coffee card only good at the Internationl Cafe, or can we use it at dinner and other bars on ship?

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukana21
I love the responses I'm getting with this question. THANK YOU! I have an added question to my first, please. Is the coffee card only good at the Internationl Cafe, or can we use it at dinner and other bars on ship?

The coffee card can be used at dinner but only for specialty coffees, nof the unlimited fresh brewed. It can also be used anywhere on a ship that has the appropriate brewing equipment. For example, on Pacific Princess which has no International Cafe, you would be using your card at the Club Bar outside the diningroom and at the Panorama Buffet bar. On the other ships w/o the IC, it would be at the Lobby Bar on deck 5.
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukana21

The coffee card can be used at dinner but only for specialty coffees, not the unlimited fresh brewed. It can also be used anywhere on a ship that has the appropriate brewing equipment. For example, on Pacific Princess which has no International Cafe, you would be using your card at the Club Bar outside the diningroom and at the Panorama Buffet bar. On the other ships w/o the IC, it would be at the Lobby Bar on deck 5.