Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Captain

Default Can I change Dining once onboard

Can I change my dining once I get onboard? I have booked with a online cruisesite that sat me up with late dining when I wanted anytime and now they won't change it. It has been a nightmare working with them because they spelled my last name wrong on the reservations and it took 2 weeks to get straitened out and now they won't answer my calls or my emails.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Changing from traditional to Anytime probably won't be a problem as often times there is a waitlist for traditional dining but I never actually have tried changing on board.

Have you tried calling Princess to see if they will change it for you? Just explain your situation to them.
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Captain

They said I have to go through my agent

10/19/08 Crown Princess
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieb View Post
They said I have to go through my agent
Thats too bad, but is typical when you book through an agent for them to say that. I would continue to harass the online agent and hope you can get it changed but if not you will probably be able to switch onboard from Traditional to Anytime (going the reverse is usually not possible because of demand for traditional). Just do it as soon as you get on board.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think next time you need to find a good cruise travel agent, someone that WILL answer your phone calls and e-mails. Keep trying, but I don't think you will have a problem once you are onboard. Usually its very difficult to get the traditional dinning, I wanted that and got the anytime and was not able to get it either. Worked out OK, even ate at the buffet a few times and really enjoyed it. Just see the Madre-D once on board and if they can change it, they certainly will.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Captain

Next time I will try one of our local Travel Agents. I did check this site out with the BBB and they had A+++ ratings. I finally was able to get ahold of a supervisor at the cruisesite and she changed the dining for me. But I think I have learned my lesson this time about booking online.

10/19/08 Crown Princess
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Default Switching dining

Actually your online TA did you a BIG favor to book you for Traditional Dining because it's much more popular than Anytime but you can always go to Anytime from Traditional for a time or two. However, if you have Anytime, you can't go to Traditional.

Traditional's benefit is that you get the same wait staff who will know what you want plus you'll get to know the other passengers assigned to your table.

It's no big deal to switch to Anytime permanently once on board. The wait list for Traditional - either early or late can be huge.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieb View Post
Can I change my dining once I get onboard? I have booked with a online cruisesite that sat me up with late dining when I wanted anytime and now they won't change it. It has been a nightmare working with them because they spelled my last name wrong on the reservations and it took 2 weeks to get straitened out and now they won't answer my calls or my emails.
We met people at lunch that changed there fixed to anytime dining . the loved anytime and weren't going back to fixed.You reserve the table so that you always have the same wait staff.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess