Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Beginner

Smile Alcohol on Ship

Hello All, we just booked our summer cruise on the Caribbean Princess and in talking to friends they said that you were permitted to bring "airport bottles" of alcohol on the ship. Is this true? I would not think they would allow you to bring any alcohol onboard at all. I am guessing our friends just packed these little bottles in their luggage and that was it.

Does anyone have any experience with this at all?

Thanks,
Jessegirl
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Beginner

Never had a problem. Wrap in socks and place into your shoes.
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Jessegirl, you are right, you are not officially allowed to carry liquor onto the ship in your checked or carry on luggage. That's not to say that it's not done .

If you're over 21 you can order liquor from Room Service. It's not cheap , but we find it easier than packing it in our checked luggage where it might break. We like a drink in the cabin while we're dressing for dinner, so we really don't need much.

If you booked through a TA ask them, or here's the link on the Princess site: Princess Cellars : Princess Cruises

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Princess allows you bring aboard wine and champagne in a reasonable quantity with no problems
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
First Mate

They have a very lenient policy when it comes to alcohol. Wine is always allowed & they only stop people from taking liquor on board in places like St Martin & St Thomas when it's obvious they're carrying it and have a 6 pack of bottles. Use a little discretion & you shouldn't have any problem.
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Beginner

Smile reply

Hey Jess,

I have never had a problem bringing alcohol on-board with princess! Usually i just pack some in my suit case as I usually like a drink on the balcony.

I know most cruise lines don't like you to bring it on-board. But i have never had a problem personally

Hope this helps.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
First Mate

"We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.
Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.
A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.
Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.
Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee."

This is from the Princess website. Hope it helps.

Sweet Sailing!

Last edited by worthew8; March 16th, 2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added quotation marks.
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to tessa681
Default Liquor

From other sites I've read that Rum Runners work well and you are permitted to bring on wine, i've heard as much as a case, but I am bringing on a box per person this trip and a bottle of champaign as well as what I pack in my rum runners
Old May 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Beginner

If you can take in a "factory sealed" water bottle you can take in liquor. There's a site that sells the sealed caps called camocaps. net and all you have to do is take off the cap from your water bottle and replace it with one of theirs. Worked pretty well for me both taking on the ship to begin with and when coming back from excursions.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Alcohol on Caribbean Princess

In addition to advices above regarding wine/champaign policy I want to add that after 8 pm you can get some special drinks for $2.99 in all bars on the ship: Pina Colada, Long Island Iced Tea, Singapore Sling, some beers like Dos Equis, Becks, Bud Light, and house spirits shots. Dont forget to sign up for wine tasting: while the one for $25 is ( remember to use $5 coupon from the book) , the $9.50 won't leave you disappointed either!