Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Review of Caribbean Princess

Hello...I just returned from my 9 day cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess and really enjoy other's reviews, so I thought I would post one for everyone. In a nut shell (and due to all the before hand drama) I had an amazing time!!

Embarkation: Drove from NH to Albany, NY on Weds. afternoon and took the train into NYC. Stayed at the Edison Hotel in Times Square (great hotel for the price). Toured the city, dinner at Bubba Gumps, attended the Today show! Took a private town car from the hotel to the boat. Left the hotel at 11:00am, and stepped on the ship at 12:10pm! it was abreeze, very organized, had us checked in and on board! There were 4 of us traveling together, all early to mid 30s.

Stateroom: We were in C244 and C240 on deck 10. These are inside rooms and I was pleasantly surprised by all the room compared to NCL. Plenty of storage space, loved the closet/alcove area that worked as a changing area. Although, the bathroom shower was a bit tiny! Our stewared name was Noy, he was AMAZING! The best steward out of 6 cruises. Always cheerful, asked about our meals, excursions, days etc. Made us towel animals nightly when requested!

Dining: We chose anytime dining and NEVER had any issue. We waited one night for about 15mins. We alwaqys chose to sit just the 4 of us. The main dining rooms (Coral and Island) were very good. I especially liked the cold soups which I enjoy on each cruise. The desserts were okay, nothing to special. Our party did celebrate a graduation, birthday and anniversary while onboard. Each night, we were serenaded and presented with a decadent chocollate mouse dessert! Buffet: Fairly standard food, not always the hottest, but we didn't starve! Scoops ice cream: yummy and great Belgian waffles each morning. The Trident grill had yummy burgers and Preggo pizza was yummy! We did go to Crown Grill one night. Appetizers and soups, nothing special, but the steaks were to die for!! Good bar drinks (although none of us are bug drinkers, we liked the Yellow Birds and Raspberry Shortcake!)

Activities: Thought the production shows were better on NCL. We loved the comedians and hypotist. Movies under the stars were fun, but only the late showing when you could get a seat! I also enjoyed the Matinee movies in the Princess Theater during the afternoons. Not as many other activities to participate in. I was hoping for more lectures etc.

Ship: Absolutely beautiful, well maintained, great staff. The pools get a bit crowed, but we found space in the front or back of boat. Never an issue getting a chair. We did not get into the sanctaury, as it was booked for the whole cruise! The Piazza was a nice place to sit and relax.

Ports: Bermuda: This was my third time here, but still fun. It rained a lot in the morning. Our group had booked 9 Beaches and Resort. Our guide, Nigel, took us on a boat ride, toured the island and then took us on a tour of the resort (which was closed for renovations). We had the decision to stay, or go back and get a full refund. Out of 15 or so groups, we were the only 4 that stayed! We had the BEST time. The sun came out, we had the resort and 9 small beaches to ourselves. They left the bar open for us and picked us up 2 hours later!!! Shopped around the Clocktower Mall when we returned.

San Juan, Puerto Rico: Hot, Hot, Hot!!! 100% humidity! We all took a tour of the El Yunque Rainforest. Stopped for photo ops. at waterfall, observation tower and were able to take a short hike through rainforest. Arrived back in San Juan at 6pm or so, although raining and stormy we wnet shopping and out to dinner at Senor Frogs!

St. Thomas....Again rain! We had purchased a complete island tour. Weent to Magens Bay for a 2 hr. beach break. The rain cleared and it was hooot, so the swim was nice. Crystal clear water! Then bused to Blacbeards Castle for tour and history. My group skipped out and went shopping for the afternoon! Got some beautiful jewelry!

Grand Turk...so this was the worst weater yet....sever storms, lightening etc. All water tours were canceled, including our snorkeling Again made the best of it, went into port , had lunch at Margarittaville and then sawm at the beach, as the sun came out!

Disembarkation: Again, what a breeze! In and out in no time, 20 minutes from the ship to a taxi!

A wonderful vacation with great friends and memories forever!!!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Nice review! It sounds like you enjoy Princess cruising and don't worry too much about the things you can't control . Thanks for posting!

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

Nice Review!

Thanks for posting, Cant wait to be on the CB in OCT

-David
9/07/2009 - Carnival Destiny
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:51 AM
First Mate

Thanks for this post. We will cruise on the CP in Sept. of 2010, and we are ready.
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi

Reading your post makes me nostalgic. Can't wait to get to Princess cruise again!

My Caribbean Princess Diary
Old September 26th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Familiar Face

Lovely review.... so glad u enjoyed ur cruise...even in the rain...
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Captain

Shandy5165,

Very informative review!! I have not yet sailed the Caribbean Princess, but would love to try it.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com