CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Ruby Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/390651-ruby-princess.html)

rkome July 18th, 2012 06:32 PM

Ruby Princess

Hi everyone, I am new to Princess cruising. I am booked on the Ruby Princess next year. I was wondering if anyone could tell me size wise, which Carnival ship she is close to?

I hope I'm not in over my head, I've only been on Fantasy class ships on Carnival and Sovereign class ships on RCCL.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Harold

Trackypup July 18th, 2012 06:45 PM

Hi - I've never sailed on Carnival so I have no idea what she compares to, but she's big and newest in the Princess fleet. She's a beautiful ship.

MercedMike July 19th, 2012 10:39 AM

Ruby Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkome (Post 1439061)
Hi everyone, I am new to Princess cruising. I am booked on the Ruby Princess next year. I was wondering if anyone could tell me size wise, which Carnival ship she is close to?

I hope I'm not in over my head, I've only been on Fantasy class ships on Carnival and Sovereign class ships on RCCL.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Harold

Carnival Fantasy class ships are about 2100 pax.

RCCL Sovereign class are about 2700 pax.

Ruby Princess is a "modified" Grand class ship and carries almost 3100 passengers. She is definitely a mega-ship. This is good and bad. She has all the amenities and lots of wonderful passenger space. The Grand class are well laid out in general and easy to get around.

The biggest drawback of this class is the small theater. Sadly it is usually necessary to be at the theater a full half hour before show time in order to get a seat. This is a design flaw in the entire class.

We have never cruised on Ruby Princess, but have been on her (almost) twin sister Grand Princess. Check the link in my sig for some reviews and pictures.

I know you will have a GREAT cruise!

rkome July 19th, 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1439063)
Hi - I've never sailed on Carnival so I have no idea what she compares to, but she's big and newest in the Princess fleet. She's a beautiful ship.

Thank you, I see you are cruising on her soon, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

rkome July 19th, 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercedMike (Post 1439153)
Carnival Fantasy class ships are about 2100 pax.

RCCL Sovereign class are about 2700 pax.

Ruby Princess is a "modified" Grand class ship and carries almost 3100 passengers. She is definitely a mega-ship. This is good and bad. She has all the amenities and lots of wonderful passenger space. The Grand class are well laid out in general and easy to get around.

The biggest drawback of this class is the small theater. Sadly it is usually necessary to be at the theater a full half hour before show time in order to get a seat. This is a design flaw in the entire class.

We have never cruised on Ruby Princess, but have been on her (almost) twin sister Grand Princess. Check the link in my sig for some reviews and pictures.

I know you will have a GREAT cruise!

Mike, thanks for the helpful information. I really appreciate the tips about the theater, my wife loves the shows, so we will make sure we are there early.

I'm heading over now to check out your reviews, I appreciate your help very much. I can't wait to try Princess for the first time!!

Trackypup July 19th, 2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkome (Post 1439227)
Thank you, I see you are cruising on her soon, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Six weeks tomorrow until we leave :) We cruised on her 18 months ago in the Caribbean and she is lovely. Happy this time to be spending 12 days on her instead of 7.