Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2002, 07:19 PM
First Mate

Default Mariner Oct Cruise in Med

We are traveling with another couple on the Mariner in late Oct, 02 on a back to back starting in Venice and ending in Monte Carlo. We have never been to the Med. or on an upscale ship like the Mariner. We need help with the probable weather, will it be pool time or will it be cooler than that? We could use advise on what to see on shore excursions and whether we should set them up early or do it on board ship. Also, anyone who is cruising on either leg we would like to hear from.
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Mariner Oct Cruise in Med

We are sailing Mariner from Oct.26th. from Nice (not Monte Carlo) to Venice. We have spent time in Rome and Athens. so are planning to shop and sightsee in piraeus. I have researched all of the other ports.and will be amalgamating all of the information in another month or so. We use the ship overnite in venice and then stay there the next night. I am choosing between 3 hotels. (a boat dock is necessary with the usual luggage) Metropole, Bisanzio or Paganelli.
We booked this cruise while on Mariner in Jan. from home (Ft.Lauderdale) to Lima, Peru.
It is the best ship that we have ever sailed. We rarely use the ship's excursions for several reasons.
A highlight of this cruise is Kusadasi where a trip to Epheseus is not to be missed. Our travel agent belongs to the Voyager Club, and so we get a free excursion at that port.
Please contact me if you need any more information and we can certainly compare notes. I can't find an Oct. 2 cruise in the book. When do you depart and end ?
Neville
Old July 14th, 2002, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Mariner Oct Cruise in Med

We board on Oct 12 in Venice, stops are Dubrovnik, Corfu, Sicily, Valleta(Malta), Capri, and then to Civitavecchia. On the second leg we do Livorno (Florence), Portofino, Nice, Marseilles, Barcelona, Sete, and debark in Monte Carlo. on Oct 26. Thanks for the information and we will keep in touch.
Old September 13th, 2002, 05:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Mariner Oct Cruise in Med

I am learning about the intracacies of cruising as I go. The posting on these message boards have been a great help. Today I learned that our final documents will contain a lot of information I have been needlessly fretting over for several months. Thanks all of you for the information.

Because we are doing a back to back cruise, with the change happening in Civitavecchia, we have a unique day in Rome visa via all our other cruisers whom I assume are doing 8 day cruise. We will be trying to cram Rome/Vatican into about 10 hours. I am looking at several private limo and guide services because I doubt that the ship will have anything available as this is a embarking and disembarking day for most.

I am interested if anyone would be interested in sharing a guide with a 8-10 person Mercedes van. The total cost as close as I can figure is about $750 plus gratuities. My wife and I are with another couple and this price is too expensive for just four of us. Description of the guide service is available at eternaltourist.com.

Absent that are there recommendations on a good limo service in Rome?