Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2003, 04:04 PM
DAVID TEMPLAR

Default voyager shakedown

hi all,just gotr back from seven seas voyager shakedown cruise from naples to nice.
arrived in naples airport by charter put luggage on lorry and boarded coach.we then toured the city and were getting more tired by the minute due to getting up at 3.30am for the 0600hrs flight from gatwick.i realised then that either the ship was not ready or something else.we finally got to the pier at 12noon and weree told by mickael baker the sales manager that the suites were not ready until 3pm so were had lunch in veranda cafe (BUFFET) which was very nice.we finally got into our suite which was great a seven seas suite was huge,we were hoping to get one of the aft suites but it was not to be.the lifeboat drill was very long as the muster stn was in the contellation theatre so mum and i took no coats then to hold end of lifebelts onto the deck where it was not warm was unnessasary i think.i know its important but either inside or on the deck. we had dinner in the compass rose restuarant which we enjoyed very much.we had a few problems in our suite which we asked our butler for but not possible.no soaps in any of the bathrooms,some lights not working still not got some of them working and no covers for the teak chairs on the balcony not arrived yet? apart from that everything was fine.another thing was the reception do not do stamps for postcards given there which was very strange.1 of our excursions was cancelled in malta due to not enouth people interested the hidden charms tour so i booked the only one left the highlights tour which was not very good for my mum who is 79 as we walked for 2hours and to mdina and more walking,then said the coach would pick us up at the other end then we had to walk back get get the bus by this time it was quite cold poor man who went therre in shorts (SILLY MAN!!!!) the other 2 ports mt etna and pucini house were much better,though the puccini one no pictures in the house and only 2 shops there.all in all a very enjoyable cruise anfd ship.but i'm not sure if i will book anoyther cruise on voyager.when we left the ship in nice the coach dropped us off at airport at 10am only to find out check in was not starting until 11.10am so we had to wait.some idiots even stood in quewe for over an hour just to be 1st in line.they soon dispersed whenb there was a security alert and they had to move.then more quewes even to get on the coach to the plane it was very badly organised no wonder the french have a bad press! any reply greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2003, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: voyager shakedown

David... would be so much easier to understand what you are writing if you'd use a bit of punctuation... a few paragraphs at the least... rather than the "stream of consciousness" unending paragraph style that I though went out with...what's his name? (Jack Kerouack?)! ()

Post Edited (03-23-03 22:14)