Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Default Questions re: Voyager

My traveling companion and I are trying to decide between a Crystal Cruise ( we have been on nine Crystal Cruises and one Radisson-Navigator) and Radisson Voyager for a transatlantic crossing next spring. First, she loves the Bistro (coffee, tea,snacks etc) on Crystal ships and also the ice cream bar/parlor. We were wondering if the Voyager has anything comparable. I don't see any mention of either in their brochure. Also, I am interested in taking the cooking workshop conducted by Cordon Bleu on Voyager. Has anyone taken these classes? I would love to have some firsthand feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Questions re: Voyager

The Voyager is a magnificent ship. There is a 24 hour espresso bar with lots of pastries there as well. I'm not a big ice cream eater but I'm sure you can get ice cream anytime as well. I have not done the cordon bleau cooking classes but have several friends who have and rave about them. One friend has done it 3 times! I would not miss an opportunity to cruise on the Voyager! Tips and dinner liquor is included as well as a bar set up in your cabin. You'll never pay for such things as sodas or bottled water. The suites are the best ever...huge with large walk-in closets, marble baths with a separate tub and shower...I could go on and on. GO, you won't regret it! It was the best cruise I've been on.
Old October 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
chuckw

Having been on both the Harmony and Voyager in the last six months, I enjoy them each in their own way. If you can afford a suite on Crystal and don't mind two seatings for diner, Crystal would be my choice. The food is slightly better and the Bistro is my favorite snack place on any cruise line. That said, you just can't beat steerage on the Voyager, 356 square foot cabin, equal service, plus wine with diner and two bottles of your choice to stock your bar.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
PaulaJK

Like yourselves, we have a lot of experience w. Crystal.

We enjoyed our 1st RSSC Voyager cruise in Sept '04.
Re: Bistro
Voyager has a petite 24 hour coffee corner near the
reception desk. It offers machine brewed coffee & tea
as well as danish [am] or cookies [pm]. In no way is
it comparable to the Bistro.

Re: ice cream cafe/shoppe
Voyager does not have one. Perhaps you could
order it via room service if that is acceptable
to you. Voyager does have tea service; quite
pleasant but,I think, below Crystal's themed events.
'
Re: Cordon Bleu
We dined at Signatures, the CB run restaurant...very good.
We did not take the classes. Be aware that they are about $395
so suggest you pre-check chefs & items taught.

We did find that the rooms/cabins/suites were excellent....
the the semi-inclusive pkg of gratuities and evening wines
were an attractive feature.

Both lines take very good care of their pax.....you just
need to decide what matters most to you.