Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2001, 07:37 AM
Ron Price

Default Explorer - rooms to avoid? 6th deck OK?

I'm about to book my first cruise, but am a little concerned about my room assignment. I've reserved a cat DB room on the 6th deck of Explorer of the Seas. It's over the Champagne bar and a few doors down from the elevator. Could anyone recommend either for or against a location like that (or any others)? Are the rooms on the 6th deck affected by noise/music/etc from the attractions below on the 5th deck? Thanks!

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2001, 10:18 PM
George H

Default RE: Explorer - rooms to avoid? 6th deck OK?

Ron,
Another consideration on Deck 6. You overlook the lifeboats on Deck 5. Suggest forward or aft on 6th deck or go up a deck. We're on the 9th deck on Feb 3rd voyage. Been on the Voyager and know you will enjoy the Explorer regardless of the room assignment. Got a lot of things to do outside the room. Have a great trip.
George & Jo
Old February 7th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Explorer - rooms to avoid? 6th deck OK?

Had an atrium view room on the Exployer on 11/04/00 cruise. My room was across from the Pub on the Promenade. It was not loud at all. I enjoyed watching the activity on the Promenade, but was never disturbed by any noise. Great location.