Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Default Enchantment

Is anyone going on Enchantment 2/25?
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2001, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Enchantment

Karen,

We are going Feb 18-25, I guess we will be passing in Ft Lauderdale. Don't know about you, but this is our first cruise and we have heard nothing but great things about the Enchantment. Hope you have a fabulous time!!!!

Merry
Old February 3rd, 2001, 11:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

My husband, two teenage daughters (15 and 17) and I are going on our first cruise on the Enchantment on 4/1-4/8. I would love to get feedback after your return on how their Enchantment cruise was and any recommendations. I have heard lots of great things about the Enchantment. Happy cruising!
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Admiral

I've been reading every cruise review I can find online and I'm very confident that we made the right decision. Have a great time!!
Karen
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Admiral

I will write to you when I get back and let you know how our experience was. From what I've read, the kids will have a great time, You will not have to worry about that.
Till then,
Karen
Old February 6th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Stan

Karen --

My wife and I will be taking our first cruise on Enchantment on 2/25.
Old February 6th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

i'm going with my mom,dada and sister on 1/11 it leaves..anyone going then??
Old February 7th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Well maybe we will bump into each other. Have a great time. We got our documents yesterday and I am so excited.
Old February 27th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Laura,

Well, much to our regret, we are back! We all had a fabulous time. RCCI is first class all the way from the ship itself (unbelievable) to the food, staff and all amenities. The girls had a wonderful time, lots of kids ages 13-17 not too many in older range. The teen disco was always hopping and lots of activities for them to get involved with. Food isn't a problem, if your kids are fussy (as mine are). If they don't like what is on the dining room menu, you can pick and choose and have virtually anything. We had the buffet in the Windjammer for breakfast every day (didn't want to dress for the dining room) and usually would grab a bite in the Solarium around 3-4 as our dinner was not until 8:30. The second seating is perfect especially if there are three females getting ready for dinner. We all shared one cabin, it was a challenge, but we did it. We used to dress in stages, but there is lots of space for storage. Drinks are pretty expensive, we took alcohol on board and purchased mix to make our own drinks by the pool (hubby took his own beer). If you drink a lot of water, you may want to bring some bottles or purchase off shore as they charge you 2.95 for a bottle of Evian, but you can get water by the glass during all meals. St Maarten is great for purchasing alcohol, prices are dirt cheap, they do not check bags as you board.

The shows are great, you must see the Not so Newlywed Game and the Adult team game Novelquest or participate if you wish! The Comedian Ed Regine was fabulous! We took too many clothes, Dress is fairly casual most of the time except for the two formal evenings. First night and last are casual,others are theme where anything goes and even the semi-formal people were casually dressed. Don't worry about tuxes etc, a suit or sports jacket and slacks for the men was common. Ladies wore anything from evening gowns to fancy pant suits. Daytime you only wear bathing suits and cover ups or shorts and Tshirt if you go ashore. I would suggest outfits you can mix and match.

I could go on forever, you will love it! We met many wonderful people from all over the world (New Yorkers were especially present this week). We can't wait til our next cruise, also we met a lot of folks in port from different cruise lines and some were not impressed with their ships. The Enchantment certainly lives up to its name!

Don't hesitate to write me if you have any questions..

Enjoy...........Merry
Old March 1st, 2001, 11:23 PM
Passenger

We're scheduled for 4/8 to Western Carribean. Traveling with a 12 year old. Glad to hear of the teen activities. Did you do any of the shore excursions? I'd love to hear if you took ship trips or did it yourself. Let me know any details that will make our trip smoother. Thanks for any helpful hints.
Dot
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dot,

The off shore excursions are very expensive. In St Maarten we just enjoyed a day at the beach which can be reached by water taxi from the pier $3 pp all day travel.Keep in mind, rental of beach chairs is 10 for 2 chairs and umbrella. I found out later, you can ask for a packed lunch from the ship so you don't have to spend money on food. However, in St Maarten, ifyou stay on the beach you can easily go back and forth to the ship via water taxi for a bite to eat. In St Thomas we took a shuttle bus from the Pier to Magan's Bay supposed to be one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world (not quite sure why as it is jam packed with tourists and about 20 ft wide). The girls loved the travel in the bus as it is all open and the terrain is very mountainous, a few times felt like I was on a roller coaster. Views were fabulous and good for taking pictures, however, the day cost $12pp return on bus, 3.50 pp to enter beach and 10 pp for a chair plus whatever you spend while you are there. I heard from some other folks that the trip to Coki beach including snorkelling was well worth it. Also, the Kon Tiki boat for the adults is supposed to be fun! In Nassau, the girls went on the Dolphin Encounter 85 pp and loved it! The swim with the Dolphins is at the same place cost 145 pp the girls said not much difference for the price. You can also just take a cab to Paradise Island for $4 pp to the beach and walk along to the Atlantis hotel. Lots to see there! Don't take the water taxi, it is $3 pp and you have to walk 20 min to the beach plus they only return every half hour and if the boat is full too bad, you have to wait for the next one.

Have a wonderful time, it was our best trip ever!

Merry