Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2001, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Default Bring Beer onboard?

Has anyone tried to bring a case of beer onboard? I'll be traveling on Voyager soon and will be staying in Miami a few days before the ship leaves. It would be nice to go to the package store and bring a case on with me.

Any suggestions?

Steve..
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2001, 05:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Bring Beer onboard?

WELL AS I JUST RETURNED FROM THE 2-3-01 CRUISE ON THE EXPLORER MY FRIENDS BROUGHT CHAMPAGNE ABOARD WITH NO TROUBLE--THESE ARE NOT TO BE SAMPLED IN PUBLIC ROOMS--BEER ?? I'M NOT SURE--BUT IT'S OK ON HAL--ALSO HOW DO YOU INTEND TO KEEP IT COLD?? THAT MIGHT POSE A PROBLEM--LET ME KNOW--AND ENJOY YOUR CRUISE--IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SHIP AND AFTER 26 CRUISES ON DIFFERENT SHIPS--I WOULD RATE IT THE BEST YET--
Old February 17th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

we went on the Norwegian Sky last Sept. to Alaska. We took a case of beer, 2 liters of pop and a 1/2 gallon of rum. We packed it in our luggage. We had a refridgerator in our cabin to keep it cold. We will do the same when we sail on the Rhapsody to Mexico next month.
Old February 18th, 2001, 10:59 PM
gogetter

hello,

I went on the SOS Feb 8th and brought a small cooler on with me. When i got to the xray machine the guy asked me what was in it, and i said beer. He took it out of my hand and around the xray machine and handed it back to me no problem. He didnt even look in it. This was in Port Canaveral.
Old February 19th, 2001, 06:31 PM
First Mate

Thanks eveyone, I think I'll try a go at bringing a 30pack onboard with me, maybe I'll gift wrap it or something not to bring attention to it.

17 days left till Voyager...
Steve..
Old February 22nd, 2001, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Awesome idea. We are cruising to mexico in 38 days (4/1/01). We will bring a case also, it will be cheaper than buying it on board!
Thanks!