Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2001, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Default Duty Free Aboard Explorer of the seas

Hello,
I am sailing on the explorer of the seas this upcoming weekend for a 7 day cruise. This will be my 9th cruise with RCCL but it has been a couple of years since my last cruise with them and had a question I hope you can answer. I know on Carnival when I purchased liquor aboard the ship they held it until the last night of the cruise and then delivered it. However, I have heard on RCCL they allow you to take it back to your room for consumption however, it cannot leave the ship if it is already open. But then I heard there is a nominal charge as well for bringing it back to your cabin. And then I heard no. So if you have any idea or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Email me if you know.
Thanks
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2001, 01:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Duty Free Aboard Explorer of the seas

You can buy it and bring it back to your cabin, they don't allow you to walk around the ship with the bottle in one hand drinking it(like anyone does that). You can leave the ship open or unopened; they have no idea. So to answer your question; yes and can buy and consume the hard liquor your purchase onboard and in port in your cabin.

Steve...
Got off Explorer 01-20-01
Going on Voyager 03-11-01 (7-days!)
Old March 2nd, 2001, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Steve,
Wow, Lucky U. You'll have to let us know any noticable differences between the two sister ships. Hope your cruise on Voyager is as good as Explorer, have fun.

Only 50 days til Explorer for me :-)

Donnassei
Old March 3rd, 2001, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sailed on Voyager in Feb. , as noted in an earlier post you can bring back liquor to your room from the general store and enjoy it, The week I sailed I bought the store special , 1 liter Jim Beam, 1 liter VO, 1 liter Vodka for $20, I had quite a few drinks in my room on the balcony especially when getting ready for dinner.

Another hint, get friendly with a bartender at a bar that you'll frequent often, after a day or so of regularly visiting this bartender you'll notice him/her not taking your "blue card", expect to have an envelope with an appropriate tip at the end of the cruise( I slipped $50 to 2 different bartenders for having drank around $350 worth of drinks over the week) slipping cash tips as you go will be put in a common tip jar not benifiting him/her as much, an envelop at the end of the cruise goes in ther pocket.