Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RCL Tours in the Med

Hi Everyone!

I was hoping for some advice ... My fiancee and I have booked the Best of the Meditteranean cruise for our honeymoon this October (Villefranche, Livorno, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik, Messina, Rome, and Marseilles). We're looking at the tour information and wanting to take a couple, especially to Pompeii, but we're concerned because my fiancee is disabled. We're looking at the descriptions and believe that he can handle it b/c he can walk over uneven surfaces and can do the distance listed IF he can do it slowly.

Can anyone that has any experience with RCL's tours in the Meditteranean tell me whether the fact that he has to walk slower than most people would present a problem? We don't want to hold everyone up.

Any input would be much appreciated! As long as I'm begging for advice ... which tours are worthwhile? The prices of taking a lot of tours can add up quickly, and obviously we don't want to go on a tour in every port anyway. It would help if we knew what we should really try to do and what we should avoid!

Thanks!

Kate
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2001, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RCL Tours in the Med

I can't tell you the tours to go on, but RCL is great marking the tours for the people with disabilities. Check the website under the cruise that you are going on for the shore excursions and it will give you the information about what the tour involves, the amount of walking and how many steps! You will get a whole brochure on prices and a further description about 6 weeks before you cruise. This can also help you choose which excursion to go on.

Pam
Old March 28th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: RCL Tours in the Med

Make sure you go to Taormina, when you get to Messina. You can take a cab, or a tour. It is wonderful.