Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2001, 05:57 PM
First Mate

Default Empress NY to Bermuda

Hello all, Can someone give me info on this ship? It will be doing NY to Bermuda runs this summer. Has anyone done this trip in the past on this ship? Any info will help. Thanks all. Sea ya soon, Pat.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2001, 11:25 AM
andi

Default Re: Empress NY to Bermuda

Hi Pat,

I sailed the Empress to Bermuda last summer. The ship (as you probably already know) is small in comparison to the new ships but it is beautiful none the less. The crew is wonderful-the food is great and the shows are spectacular. I went in July and the weather was perfect (between 85-90 degrees). Bermuda is breathtaking. The beaches are gorgeous with miles of pink sand that is as soft as powder. If you have any specific questions..ask away and I'll be happy to answer them.
Old April 30th, 2001, 07:59 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Empress NY to Bermuda

Pat, I have not sailed the Nordic Empress to Bermuda but I can concur with andi's comments about Bermuda. As far as the ship is concerned, mid-range ship at 48,000 tonnage, approx. pax cap 1,600., built in 1990 so still modern. I took photo's of her at the NY pier last September. Because of where I was I didn't get a great side shot of her but I did take two good shots of aft cabins and balconies, something many apparently look for now. Also a couple of side shots.

I will also attach a shot here of the Dining Room taken by John Harley who has sailed her quite a few times if I recall from LA area. John's a freidn and I know he wouldn't mind my throwing the photo he took out there.

You can see them at <http://www.bestweb.net/~travel1/nordicem.htm>

George in NY