Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2001, 01:25 AM
First Mate

Default RCI's insurance looks better than indies

Hello,
I hesitate to bring up again the more asked and re-asked topics on these baords but....

I was looking at RCI's cruise care and trying to compare it's benefits with independent ins. companies...have always bought insurance but not cruise lines insurance. But in this instance Cruise Care looks better currently...maybe. Especially because it seems to offer more in terms of travel delay than say Travelguard. And for cancellation for NON-COVERED reasons, RCI offers a 75% cruise credit for that portion that would normally be non-refundable. But these rules and regs are so hard to read and compare. Have to admit I really get confused and frustrated reading. As much as I love my agent she really isn't very helpful in this regard.

Any thoughts- any good analysis or recent experience with RCI's cruise care? Any agents who can offer some expertise? I have two RCI cruises under deposit.

Thanks a very much!!!! Nancy
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: RCI's insurance looks better than indies

I still like CSA. The mayor consideration is "pre-existing" illness for you AND relatives. Double check on how that is covered with the cruise lines insurance. Plus, CSA can be much cheaper since rates are based on age.
Old July 18th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Robie

Bought RCI insurance last year. 2 weeks prior to sailing my daughter broke her foot. Had to cancel. Got back evrything very quickly. It's usually cheaper than the independent stuff. Agents try to push their ins. since they make more profit. Buy RCI It works.
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:43 PM
First Mate

Thanks very much for your opinions- really appreciate it!
Nancy