Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2001, 11:43 PM
Mike & Kathy Jol.

Default Fall Foliage is it worth it?

Freinds of ours just got bach from fall foliage
out of Boston. They where not happy with the
weather or the excursions. Fog was a big problem
and the colors were not there. Anyone else been
there? They went out 9/22/01 for 7 day cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2001, 07:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Default Re: Fall Foliage is it worth it?

This coming weekend is the beginning of the peak foliage in Northern New England. It will creep further south over the next month and peak in the Boston area toward the end of October.

I think your friend went just a little too early in the season.

Regarding the weather in New England? If you don't like it just wait a minute! :-)
Old October 2nd, 2001, 10:51 AM
juliejoe

This is a big question for us. We have booked a 10 day RT out of Boston next year 9/22 to 10/2. I keep wondering if we should change to 10/2 to 10/12 for better color. I understand that the color peaks earlier the further north you go. Will the schedule we are on be too early for the color along the Saquenay River? - we'll be there 9/28 - then on the way back down.

Help - from those of you up thataway - please tell me which time we should go. We'll be making a change anyway because the RCL Brilliance will be taking over this itinerary from the Rhapsody.

Julie
Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:09 PM
BillG

Timing of peak foliage really varies from year to year and depends very much on weather conditions. This year we are having bright sunny days followed by cool crisp evenings, which is said to guarantee spectacular color. How much of the New England foliage can be seen from the cruise ship which is well out to sea between Boston and Canada, is a question that I can't answer. Perhaps the shore excursions will provide good opportunities for viewing, but picking the right week for your tour is really a matter of luck.
Old October 7th, 2001, 08:57 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

I would go for the later date. Right now it is October 7th and I live in the White Mountains of NH. The color is peak. It will move south into Massachusetts and Southern NH and should "peak" around the 12th. I doubt if there is spectacular color right now in and around Boston. It is pretty much the same, give or take a day or so, each year. Really, anytime is beautiful here in autumn. You are never more than an hour from the best color until late in October and early November when the leaves fall and it isn't pretty again until snowtime (about a week later.)
Old October 9th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Agree with Jan. Foliage peak is usualy about Oct. 12. If there is heavy rain or strong winds much of the pretty leaves are on the ground. We live in southern NH and the colors were gorgeous until recent rain and wind.
Elaine