Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2001, 07:06 AM
G8rCruiser

Default Death on 2nd Voyage of AOS

Party girl, just off Kon Tiki Party Boat, decided to skinny dip in the bay while Adventure of the Seas was docked in St Thomas. I took photos of her on the Kon Tiki as I had pointed her out to my wife as the most smashed person on the boat. An hour later she was gone. One couple at our dining table was in there cabin, just below the girls, and heard her yell "Weeeeeeeee" as she jumped from her balcony and landed hard on the deck five floors down. AOS was detained an additional five hours due to the "incident" as they prefered to call it. We are not bullit proof.
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2001, 09:51 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Death on 2nd Voyage of AOS

I really believe that lowering the drinking age is a bad idea. I think it's only going to bring more stupid actions from people who believe they are free from pain and death. I must say you never know who or what type of people your going to meet on a cruiseship.
Old December 3rd, 2001, 12:28 PM
Admiral

IMHO referring to the victim as "Party Girl" is really very mean.
Old December 3rd, 2001, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Mike, a lot of people who over drink think they are immune from death and pain, regardless of their age. A fifty year old drunk can be just as stupid as an 18 year drunk.
Rick
Old December 3rd, 2001, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Rick, I don't mean to play words with you but I always thought that what a person does defines who they are. This person went too far and she paid the price for her foolishness. Her actions made no sense. Am I too hard on this person? Life is too short. I would like to know why her husband or friends let her go to far? She was party girl. Now she is dead!
Old December 3rd, 2001, 09:55 PM
CurlyQ

Hello G8r,
I too was on the ship when the woman fell to deck four. My husband and I wathced the Kon Tiki come back in, and heard the Oscar call. We too had partied with her on the Kukoo Kunoko bus party excursion. We believe to also have pictures of her. Could you email your to me? This turned out to be quite a upsetting ordeal. We saw the blood from above on a 9th floor balcony. A woman at our dinner table had met the couple at several honeymoon events. But we should not be so quick to judge her as just a stupid drunk. The couple was arguing, secutiry had been called on them. And he was arrested in St. Thomas. No matter what happened very unfortunate, god bless her. Never could I have imagined boarding a cruise with her, partying and dancing, and watching her leave that same ship in a black body bag with a crown & anchor emblem on it. Thanks for letting me vent.

Your fellow cruiser,
Raychel
Old December 4th, 2001, 10:05 AM
gracefulme

I too was privy to this poor girls demise on the cruise. It makes no sense...this tragic death. Yes. we are responsible for our actions....and she obviously took responsiblity for her's in death. I believe nearly every single one of us have "been there...done that" in one time of our lives.....so instead of being critical to the ending of this young woman.....I do send my thoughts, prayers and understandings to her family and all her friends. Not only were the passengers who became visually involved with this devasted, so were the cruise employees. We as passengers were able to vent out to our cruise mates in a relaxing atmosphere whereas the employees had to "get back to business" and continue on as if nothing had happened. My applauses to the cruiseline folks who DID their job......and did it well.
Old December 8th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Admiral

you are a heartless @!#$