Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:33 AM
Yeoman

Default Radiance to Hawaii

Hello,

Who will be sailing 10/20/2002 to Hawaii from Vancouver? Did you book your own air or purchase air through the cruise line? Our cruise is 10 months away......so far but yet very close.

HAVE A SAFE, BLESSED AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2001, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Radiance to Hawaii

we may be going. have not decided on the radiance or vision (in sept). we live in seattle so can drive to vancouver and plan to stay on the ship to ensenada. we will book our own airfare. who did you book your cruise through and did you get a good price? we have been on the radiance twice and it is a very nice ship.
Old January 4th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Depending on where you live, it is usually cheaper to book thru the cruiseline when having to fly 2 one-ways. Your transfers are included if you are flying in/out the day of the cruise. You can pay a deviation charge and request your own flights, and I would suggest staying in Hawaii a few extra days if you can and flying into Vancouver a day early (especially if you must fly to Seattle and bus to Vancouver). I did the Ensenada to Hawaii route on Celebrity and I think we paid less than $700 for the air, including the deviation form Minnesota. (we paid less for the cruise, though, because we got it for 50% off!) We could not have gotten it cheaper on our own. Frequent Flier tickets don't work because of the open jaw. Celebrity accepted our flight requests and we did not have to pay extra. Sometimes you do. We requested non-stop flights on Northwest. Others cruising with us did not do deviations and they had bad connections on Delta. Made for a miserable day of travel.

Just my opinion. Check it both ways. I believe you are better off accepting the air portion now and you can always cancel it 60 days out if you find a better deal on your own. Otherwise, the air portion from your city maybe sold out and you will be totally out of luck. Deviation charges are non-refundable once you acept their offer.
Old January 6th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Nicole.........I did purchase the air through the cruiseline..... I have checked different websites for and air and it is quite expensive. We will not be able to stay a few days in Hawaii, but we will be arriving a day early in Vancouver. I plan to stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel. We may try the deviation air and try First Class from Hawaii to Philadelphia, I believe this a LONG flight home.