Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
alkipoint

Default Grandeur Refurbish

Grandeur was to have been refurbished this fall (2001). Never heard if that happened and what exactly was done.

Also, wondering if there are internet connections in any of the staterooms. If not, is the cyber cafe workable?

Please let us know. We sail 1/11/02.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2002, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Grandeur Refurbish

Not sure about internet connections but the ship was refurbished which means replacement of carpet and a general sprucing up. I've heard from a couple of posters who recently sailed her that she's goergous and sparkling clean. We're sailing aboard Grandeur 3/25 and can't wait!

Regards, Denise :-)
Old January 5th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Admiral

I was on the Grandeur a couple of years ago and the internet cafe works great. You just slide your supercharge card to start the meter running (I think you can even use any charge card) and quick get your email done. The time goes REALLY fast, so what I did was send one email to my daughter and then she sent it out to everyone for me so that it was that much less online time for me (to type in the email addresses).

I believe that the newer and larger Voyageur class ships and the new Radiance of the Seas are the only RCCL ships to have internet in the rooms and I'm not sure how they work, never having been on them.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions about the Grandeur. We loved it!
Old January 5th, 2002, 07:15 PM
First Mate

Can't speak exactly to Grandeur's internet access, but on Explorer it was quick and easy.

RCCL has a special deal for in-room internet when you bring your laptop...a flat rate for unlimited access. Don't know if it's available on Grandeur or not.

Have fun! Julie
Old January 6th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry

We were just on the Grandeur last month for 11 nights, so I feel that I can answer your questions. We were very excited that she had just been in drydock before our cruise, but we were disappointed in what they had done. The carpeting in the halls for the staterooms was badly stained and worn and had holes. The furniture, carpeting and matress in our class C suite really needed to be replaced and had stains and worn areas. The public areas did have new carpeting in some areas, but they did very little or nothing in the cabin/passenger areas.

About the internet.........they have a beautiful area on deck 8 that has many computers for passenger use. It really is a beautiful setup and using your card to charge the cost to your room was very convenient. The only problem was that sometimes when at sea you would lose your connection. I had typed a long email for about 10 minutes and went to send it and lost the connection and the email. I went to the purser and explained, and they gave me a refund for those 10 minutes. They could tell that I was disconnected and then had to reconnect when they looked at my account.