Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Angela P

Default St. Thomas/St. Johns

Hello...

I am going on the Explorer on 3/16 and we're stopping in St. Thomas. Everyone I know has been telling me to go to St. Johns--I believe that i can take a ferry from the port to St. Johns. Ive also been looking at RCCL's excursions, but they are just really expensive. Has anyone explored St. Johns on their own? How much does the transportation cost from the ship to St. Johns--including taxi and ferry? Any other info about St. Johns would be very helpful!
Thanks!
Angela
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: St. Thomas/St. Johns

Hi Angela,
Yes, its very easy to get over to St. JOhns on your own, not sure of the exact cost, but definately cheaper than doing a ship excersion. I do remember the ferry was only $3/$4 dollars and $4 dollars admission into Trunk Bay if thats where you are heading.
The taxi over to Red Hook ferry was about 20 minutes, same for the actually ferry across and then only about a 10 minute cab ride to the beach once you arrive in St. JOhns. I'd definately recommend doing this on your own, its very easy and if you take off early in the morning, you can beat all the excersions that end up there, get back to St. Thomas for a late lunch/shopping.

They also rent snorkeling equipment right there on the beach. Here is a link to the Ferry schedule, just plan on the traveling time and you should be fine:

<http://www.st-thomas.com/week/ferries.html>

Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 12th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Browezilla

Default Re: St. Thomas/St. Johns

St. Thomas is also a great island if you've never explored it. Great beaches (Magens is beautify), great sights, good shopping, and good snorkelling (Coki, Sapphire, Secret Harbor, etc.). When accepting advice from people, I try to understand why they are making the recommendation. St. John is nice, but so is St. Thomas. All in all, I prefer St. Thomas, but I go to St. John for the best snorkeling.