Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default adventure of the seas help for 1st time cruisers

we have decided to take our 1st ever cruise on the adventure of the seas in the spring and was wondering if anyone who has taken this cruise has by chance an xtra brochure of the ship to spare, we are willing to pay for one if we have to:-) i have looked at alot of websites, etc but would love to have a brochure to look at offline. i called rccl nd they said they do not have any brochures to send out of this ship or the sister ships, they only have itineraries i would also love to see a book of the voyager or the explorer as well if anyone has one they no longer need, please let me know! also, any advice for 1st time cruisers on your fave cabin suggestions...we definitely want to go all out and get an oceanview room with a balcony, but i cant for the life of me figure out which cabins would be best for us. i was looking at a d9 or the db 7, is there much of a difference in room/balcony size between a superior oceanview cabin or just the deluxe oceanview cabon? any help/advice would be well appreciated! also any suggestions on where is best to book online, i read about buycruises.com, but open to any and all suggestions. sorry for the long post!
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 09:39 AM
First Mate

Default Re: adventure of the seas help for 1st time cruise

Hi Donna. First time cruiser hmmm. You are in for the time of your life. You have chosen the best ship around. I have been on 11 cruises and have booked another one for my family on the Adventure for May 26th. This is a five star ship.
There are no brochures on this ship. I have found a site with all the info you need tho. The web site is
http://psp.club.tip.nl then just choose the Adventure.
I searched all around the net and local travel agents and found the best deal with an online agent. Give her a try and tell her how you found her. The wed site is www.cruisevalue.com and the agent is Liz McNulty at LMCNulty@cruisevalue.com
Just e mail her with what you want and see if she can beat your best deal. That is what I did and she came in $200.00 below my best deal. I have found this ship to be the most popular and the best deals are already taken well into summer. She might find you something tho. Let me say, you don't spend much time in your cabin. Keep that in mind when you are booking. RCCL has a video tape on the Voyager class of ships that is great. Try getting a copy of it from a local travel agent or call the 800 number and have them send you one. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Browezilla

Here's a great site with many pictures of the ship. Just terrific
http://www.skyscrapertours.com/Adven...and_photos.htm

and another one:
http://psp.club.tip.nl

You're going to be spoiled after this trip. This is the best ship I've been on so far. Just fabulous
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Hi Donna,
We had a D7 balcony cabin on Explorer and it was just perfect. Sometimes the different catagories are for different locations on the ship/decks. As long as I have a balcony, I'm happy.

Have a great time on Adventures

Here is a link to some great information and tips for a first cruiser, should hel answer some of those questions:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 16th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Admiral

thanks everyone for the links and advice!
Old March 6th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Reina

Hi Donna,
they do have a general brochure thats a tri-fold , it shows you the areas on the ships, go to a travel agent in your area and ask for it,
it says voyager class-explore the caribbean like never before.
its smaller than the reg. brochure, if not call LONNIE at customer service at 1-800-327-2056 and tell her that reina sent you, she'll be happy to help you !!!!!! her extension is #41502
good luck, if you have any questions can i help you, just on her in late jan.2002
reina