Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2002, 03:43 PM
cricket55

Default Need Explorer/Voyageur info

My husband, 17 yr old son and myself are booking the Explorer or Voyageur and need advice on cabins:

Can cabins with Pullman berths still convert 2 twin beds to Queen beds. TA said she thought only some could?

Would pullman be big enough and comfortable enough for adult size male (17 yr old)?

Do Category DB (deluxe outside with balcony) rooms have sofa beds and if so, are they comfortable?

Is it really worth the extra money for a balcony?

Are any of the rooms larger without spending a lot extra?

Thanks for your input and advice.
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Texas

Default Re: Need Explorer/Voyageur info

Balcony is worth the extra $$$$. But be aware, once you book a balcony, you're going to always want one.
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: Need Explorer/Voyageur info

Amen to Texas' comment. We had a balcony room on the Explorer last year and loved it. We shared the room with some good friends of ours and alternated sleeping on the bed and the sofa. The sofa wasn't bad but very firm. I prefer a much softer matteress. But I believe you teenage son would be more comfortable on the sofa bed as compared to a pullman, he would have more room to stretch out. We were on the 10th deck in cabin #1670.
Happy sailing,
Mary Martin
16 more days til our March 2nd cruise on Explorer
Old February 16th, 2002, 03:09 PM
cricket55

Default reply to Mary Martin

Hi Mary,

I'd appreciate if you could post your thoughts of the cruise when you return, especially if you can answer any of my questions in more detail.

Thanks