Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2002, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default PROBLEM ONAOS?

hey, im going cruisng on the AOS in july...but recently i have read a lot of passenger reviews on the ship and the only flaw people have noticed has been w/ the other shipmates. SUpposedly RCCL is offering puerto ricans much better rates to sail on the ship, therefore creating a huge number of "rude" and unruly" passengers. If anyone has sailed on this ship recently I was just wondering if this as a major problem that affected their experiece

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2002, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: PROBLEM ONAOS?

Hi Dave,
I too read about those cruises, but I believe it was just a few holidays sailings, just read a recent review and that was not a problem, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Just go and enjoy this wonderful ship! I'm sure since you will be cruising in July there were be lots of kids, but in the past I've been on some spring break cruises and that sure didn't bother me either, so have fun!

Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 2nd, 2002, 12:13 AM
Admiral

That's why Deb and I will NEVER sail out of San Juan again...NEVER!
Rick
Old March 2nd, 2002, 12:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

when was your trip rick....was it during a holiday sailing as dOnna said?
Old March 2nd, 2002, 06:36 AM
Seatravelers

We have NEVER had a problem with San Juan. We are leaving within the hour to go to San Juan for a week on the Radiance. We were on the Adventure in December, and had no problems with any passengers nor with any San Juan issues. We stayed additional time pre and post cruise in San Juan.
Like any major city in the U.S., you can always find trouble if you put yourself in precarious situations. We never do, or try not to. We are out to enjoy ourselves and relax on vacation, not be looking for people or other things to criticize. I would say to anyone, San Juan or its citizens are no more problematic than cities or residents of Miami, or Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, or Nashville!
Happy Sailing
Seatravelers........
Old March 2nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Dave, we last sailed out of San Juan on Dec 7th 2001. Dave, it's just our preference not to sail out of San Juan again. We encountered multiple issues that affected us. However, you may and probably wont have any probs at all. Have a great cruise!
Rick
Old March 2nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Rick,
Really, never?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 2nd, 2002, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Never! <G>......well maybe.........no NEVER!
Old March 4th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Gerry Lindsey

Count me as one who will never sail out of San Juan again, especially if I know ahead of time that RCI, or any cruise line, will be discounting cruise fares for the locals. My wife and I were on AOS December 2nd. The ship is very beautiful, but the number of Spanish speaking passengers did take away from our enjoyment considerably. Most of them were loud, rude and inconsiderate. For example, at one open seating lunch at a table for ten, we were the only English speaking people there. We tried to engage our table mates in conversation and they answered us politely, but yet continued conversing with each other in Spanish, which I found to be very annoying and rude.
Old March 5th, 2002, 03:17 PM
AL C

If you were part of a group of 8 English speakers and a Spanish speaking couple sat with you, would you stop conversing with your friends in English?

I feel very sorry for those of you who cannot deal with travelers from other countries/cultures.
Old March 5th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Gerry Lindsey

If I knew the Spanish couple could not speak English, I certainly would not. Are you trying to tell me that you don't think it is rude to carry on a conversation with others at your table when you know there is a couple that doesn't understand a word you are saying? I was not raised that way, but apparently you were, whoever you are.

I feel sorry for someone as rude as you appear to be, no matter how well you think you can deal with people from another country or culture.

Thanks for your unsigned comments.

Gerry Lindsey,
Columbia, TN
Old March 5th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Admiral

well said Gerry......and right on the point
Rick
Old March 5th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Gerry Lindsey

I should have added that I'll bet you are from the North.
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Cuttie

Gerry,

I agree with you about including everyone in the conversation, if possible.
But do generalize like this about everyone? Why must he be from the North. Have people from SJ and the North cornered the market on rudeness. You must live in "Our Town". I feel sorry for you and the small world you live in. YES I AM FROM THE NORTH..NEW YORK to be exact. It's quite sad ..everyday someone on these boards remind how narrow minded people can be. I wonder what can be said about people from TN.

Cuttie
Old March 27th, 2002, 12:34 AM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

I hope we don't encounter these problems on our July cruise on the AOS!

Dave - I think we may be in a slightly better position than those that travelled on the AOS in Dec. At that time, there were MANY cruise ships doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary and many cabins that needed to be filled.
When we go in July, there will only be two ships in port - Carnival's Destiny and RCI's AOS. I'm thinking that since there are fewer cabins available that the ships will sell out sooner and there will be fewer cabins to offer to locals at a deeply discounted price. Does this make sense or am I just trying to be overly optimistic?