Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2002, 10:30 AM
RK

Default Barbados beaches

Do any of the hotels in barbados offer a day rate to use thier beach? I don't want to take the cruise tour
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Frank

Default Re: Barbados beaches

Take a taxi to teh Malibu Beach Club. It is on the site of the Malibu Rum factory. Admission gets you a chair, umbrella, one soft drink and a free tour of the distillery. They have changing rooms, snackbar and showers too. I think you can find them on the Internet. Try this:
http://axses.com/encyc/bta/arcpages/bizcard.cfm?ID=477
Old March 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Wally

I have been to Barbados twice. Each time I took a two dollar taxi cab ride to the Boatyard Beach. If I remember correctly, the taxi cab charges two dollars per person. They have free admission at the Boatyard. Free beach chairs, free use of beach toys, and a floating raft-trampoline out in the water to play on. They let you use their bathrooms and changing rooms at no charge. Also, you will usually see crew members from your ship using this facility. It is actually within walking distance from the ship. About 2 miles. You can see your ship when you are on the beach at the Boatyard. Nevertheless, they have an outdoor bar and restaurant. They do expect you to purchase something while you are there. I was there this past December, 2001, and the place is well kept, in good repair, and very clean. Go for it! Wally
Old March 11th, 2002, 10:07 AM
RK

THANKS FOR THE INFO. ALSO LOOKING FOR ANTIGUA BEACH IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THAT
Old March 11th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Mary Martin

We did the Malibu Beach break tour excursion and loved it. As I believe Frank said you get a beach chair and an umbrella plus a free drink. They also had a trampoline to play on when we went. It was a clean beach and was well guarded. We felt very safe there.
You also get a free tour of the distillary with the excursion (we opted not to take this as we aren't drinkers). In Antigua we did a catamaran cruise. It took you out to an area to snorkel and then on to a very nice beach to swim, it was well worth the money.Enjoy yourself.
Mary
Old March 14th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Barbados beaches

In Antigua take a cab to The Royal Carribean Hotel.....nice quiet beach with bathrooms, restaurant etc