Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default Galveston Parking

We will be sailing June 23rd on the Rhapsody. Can anyone tell me about the parking situation in Galveston? We will be driving down from Dallas.
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Galveston Parking

I will be sailing the Rhapsody in Sept and this is the info I got:

Multi-Day Parking Lots: The parking lots are located just 4/10 of a mile from the Cruise Ship Terminal. The parking lots are paved, drained, fenced, and lighted. Gates will be locked upon vessel departure and no entry will be available on non-cruise days. Lots are to be monitored by Port police every two hours.

Parking Fees: The cost is $8 a day and is payable at time of initial parking in order to facilitate a seamless passenger return process.

Shuttle Service: After parking, the driver may bring carryon luggage and board one of five 30-passenger shuttles departing parking lots every 7 to 12 minutes to return to the Cruise Ship Terminal.
Old April 19th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Shelly's info is very accurate! We siled on Carnival Celebration out of Galveston last year and (only 34 more days YAHOOOO) are booked on Rhapsody May 26.

It is congested with 2 large ships loading the same day so be patient, but there is signage everywhere and police officers so you can't go the wrong way. The lots are fences and are locked while you are asea. We got through it with no trouble and we didn't have as great of info as Shelly just gave you.

Have fun!
Old April 19th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Sk8

That's great information. Since we will be driving from Dallas also, however not until September, this is all good to know. Thanks
Old April 19th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Sk8

Here is a link to the Port of Galveston website that shows a map, and intruction on how to park and the cost and everything you ever wanted to know.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/
Old April 19th, 2002, 06:30 PM
First Mate

We also sailed out of Galveston last November. The parking was easy. You go around drop off the other passengers riding with you and unload your luggage. Make sure you give them money to tip the porter. Then you drive down to the parking lot which is just down the street. !!!!!! You must pay for the full week in advance !!!!!!!! Also, be sure that you arrange with your other passengers to have them wait for you right inside, if they don't they will be way up in the line with you in the back and then they will have to wait for you before getting pictures made for pre-boarding.

We also came from the Fort Worth - dallas area and drove down. We went down a day early and stayed in the Fairmont hotel right off the highway. It is right next to the mall so if you forgot anything or if your wife decides like mine did that she needs another pair of shoes, it is pretty convenient. This way we did not have to worry if we got caught in traffic or had any other troubles. We went down to the cruise terminal the afternoon before just to scout the area.

Also if you are going down in a truck like we did (had to it was me and three other women I almost needed a uhaul for all the luggage) you might want to bring a trap just in case it rains. It did on us on the way back and I was glad I did that.
Old April 27th, 2002, 11:06 PM
KATY

Default Re: Re: Galveston Parking

We are goin on Sept 22, RCL is having a bus go from Town east mall for the rhapsody trip. It is cheaper than paying for parking and you don't have to drive.