Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:11 PM
First Mate

Default Splendour - Condition of Ship

I am sailding on Splendour in April 2003 out of Galveston on a 10 day Western Caribbean cruise. Any info on Splendour would be appreciated (i.e. condition, cabin size). I have been on 2 RCCL cruises before and loved both. I was hoping to for a newer ship but I liked the Splendour's itinerary. Any info would be great.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Nanette

Default Re: Splendour - Condition of Ship

Hi Susan-

I just corresponded with a guy who just got off of it. (Barcelona, maybe????).

He said that the Splendour was a delight. Nice and roomy. He was also happy that it's heading to the States.

Which cruise are you going on? In a couple of weeks, I'm booking the April 18th sailing.
Old July 15th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Splendour - Condition of Ship

We are looking at this cruise, too. Most likely the 10 day on 4/18. I have received a few price quotes that seem real reasonable so was also wondering the condition of the ship. Thought maybe it was a cheap cruise due to the ships age, etc. We just cruised on the Radiance and did not want to be too disappointed!
Old July 16th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Nanette

Hi girls-

I just copied this from another cruise forum. It sounds like we've picked a real winner! We'll have to make plans to hook up as we get closer to April-

Author: Carlos (CarlThomisino@xxx.com)
Date: 07/03/2002, 10:05 am

I have done the Western Caribbean twice, once on the Monarch of the Seas and this past March on the Rhapsody of the Seas. I have been on the Slendour 3 times, twice to Europe and once on a 10 day southern Caribbean cruise. She is a beautiful ship and you will have a great time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Paula (Morganstern@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/06/2002, 07:52 pm
Old July 16th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Pam Smith

My husband and I are going in September and I will let you know what I think. We will have an outside window cabin.
Old July 31st, 2002, 09:15 AM
Beginner

Hi there

We sailed on the Splendour's repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon last November, prior to her transatlantic crossing. We had an exterior cabin (no balcony) and found it roomy enough and with plenty storage even though there were 4 of us. We found the ship to be in excellent condition and very clean. Only the mini-golf course seemed a little bit patchy in places.

Hope this has helped and you have a great time.