Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Marilynne

Default Radiance

My husband and I are sailing on the Radiance on Oct. 7th, any other cruisemates on this cruise?

We want to see the the Buchart Gardens and wonder if we can do that ourselves cheaper than the excursion price. I'll probably be in a wheelchair if my arthritis is bad and that might make a differance on the choice.
Anyone out there do the Gardens on their own?
Marilynne
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Radiance

Butchart Gardens has a wonderful web site with a lot of helpful info. Be sure and check it out! I would go on my own and not book through the cruise line.

Have a great time and be sure to visit the gardens as it is a wonderful experience!
Old September 14th, 2002, 07:35 PM
AR

Spent several days in Victoria a couple years ago and found it easy to pick up the Gray Line bus to the gardens right in front of the grand old landmark hotel on the harbor square (the name escapes me at the moment--Cruiseheimers). Only issue is that as far as I recall they use the London style double-deckers which may not be too friendly to disabilities.

The gardens are out of this world. I would think if you feel it's a tossup regarding a wheelchair you should opt in favor of it, since some of the paths are a bit steep.

AR
Old September 20th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Dean Renner

Marilynne,

We are also going on the October 7th cruise!

And we are going to the Butchart Gardens also. As far as our plans are right now, we're going to go on our own, and go on the Grayline Bus. I'm not sure where the bus will pick us up (if it's near the dock or not), but I'm going to investigate further.

I'll keep you posted,

Dean
Old September 20th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Marilynne

Default Re: Re: Radiance

Dean,
From recent postings on several message boards I've read that there are buses on the dock that will take you to town where you can get a greyline tour bus to the Gardens. I'm not sure how close greyline is to where the bus drops you off. Let me know what you find out.

Marilynne
Old September 20th, 2002, 11:36 PM
A McKenna

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance

The shuttle drop off is pretty close to where the Grayline buses leave from to go to Butchart Gardens. They depart from in front of the Empress Hotel which is on the Inner Harbour.