Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2003, 10:39 AM
cruzin

Default Rhapsody aft suite

Has anyone stayed in a category C suite on the back of the Rhapsody or Vision? I have heard these balconies are larger than the side balconies. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how much larger? I am booked for cabin 8094, the center aft cabin. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2003, 01:53 PM
noslen3333

Default Re: Rhapsody aft suite

Hi cruzin...

We are booked for rm 8092 for the feb. 2nd cruise. Maybe we're neighbors. This is my 2nd cruise but my husband's first and we're delighted to have the aft cabins. I too have heard the balconies are larger. Anyway, maybe we'll see you.
Old January 21st, 2003, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Guys:

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! You will have wonderful balconies. Have been aboard both these vessels many times and I always book an aft balcony cabin for that reason. They usually have two chairs, a small cocktail table and one or two chaise lounges. Room for a party. Enjoy your cruise. I'll be on Vision of the Seas (definitely aft) 3/2/03. Can't wait.

Leslie

Vision - 3/2/03
Monarch - 6/03
Radiance - 8/03
Old January 21st, 2003, 03:13 PM
Yeoman

I seem to be an aft balcony expert so I can assure this extended balcony you have is HUGE! You have chaise lounge chairs in addition to the 2 regular chairs and the center cabin has the most extension. Carnival already charges additional $ for the extended balconies and I will not be surprised if "RCI" does the same thing..BUT for now, ENJOY!!!
Old January 22nd, 2003, 12:11 AM
Captain

Default Review on return, please

PLEASE, fill us in when you return. My significant wife and I
are traveling with a group in October. We have 5 of the 7 aft balconies,
Cat C, Bridge deck , booked and don't have a clue what to expect.
Can the deck (s) above see onto these balconies? The deck plan shows
a gym or spa above the cabins, will we have any privacy (sunbathing)?
My daughter is planning to spend a night or two "camping out" on the
balcony, as she did on the "Destiny" last year. We are booked in the corner,
port side, cabin number 8088. Can ya sneak a peek at our Balcony?
Can't wait to hear from you, Have a great time.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 01:06 AM
cruzin

Default Re: Review on return, please

Joemo-
We are booked in cabin 8094, center aft on the bridge deck. I read on one website that the centaer aft cabins have the largest balconies?! We cruise on March 23rd (my birthday!), and I will take lots of pictures. Send me your email address, and I will try to remember to email some pics of the aft cabins and balconies.
Old February 12th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Hank Paine

Howdy --

I have stayed in an aft C suite on the Enchantment. My TA put us in it. I'll never stay anywhere else unless forced.

The balcony is at least twice as large as the other C balconies. Our balcony was larger than our friends, who were in an Owner's Suite.

My wife and I sail on the 23rd on the Rhapsody. We are in 8588, a corner aft cabin. The best part about aft balconies is that you are blocked from the wind and can actually sit out and read without being blown away.

Hope this helps.

Hank Paine
Old February 12th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Captain

Default Hank ??????

You are in the Cabin opposite us, we are port corner 8088.
My T/A is in your cabin, and family and friends will fill out the
rooms between us. If you can take any pictures, Digital or standard,
I would love to see them. Have a great time,

Joe
Old March 2nd, 2003, 12:01 PM
jim duffy

Default Re: Re: Rhapsody aft suite

Have booked cabin 7652 on the Rhapsody sailing 4/27/2003 from Galveston. This corner aft cabin is on the starboard side and has a very large balcony. Pictures of this cabin are available on the cruisecritic web site. Plenty of room for lounges and chairs.
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Rhapsody aft suite

We are on the Legend, aft cabins 7128 and 7634. May I assume that all the great things you have been saying are true for these as well?? Will they bring you extra chairs if you ask?? A larger table to eat on if there is room ? We love being on the balcony, but this is our first time aft.
Old March 6th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rhapsody aft suite

Just had #7132 last year and LOVED it! Dunno about them bringing a larger table since the outdoor furniture is plastic for obvious reasons. There should be 2 chaise lounge chairs and 2 upright chairs plus a small table for drinks etc. Compared to the rooms on the side this is immense (and they paid the same for now). Deck 7 is great because their are cabins both above and below you but with the angle of the ship, it still seems somewhat private until you are out by the rail.
Old March 8th, 2003, 09:42 PM
TexasAnn

I'm gonna be in one of those treasured aft cabins in about 3-weeks when we sail on Rhapsody. I'll try to snap some pictures of it. We couldn't get a corner cabin, but we are in the very center one.

Ann
Old March 12th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Admiral

I'm booked in 8088 on 8/3/03. I'll have photos of that cabin and more for anyone who wants them. Our group is spread out on deck 8 in categories, C, K, M, and J.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?