Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2003, 08:35 AM
ABOHIO

Default Legend of the Seas

This will be my second cruise, the first one was on Monarch of the Seas. Please tell me how Legend differs and what you thought was best about this ship. Any tips are greatly apprecitated! Thank you.
AB
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Legend of the Seas

Legend is a gorgeous ship. Walls of glass in all the public areas, so you're in touch with the sea all the time. And much larger cabins than the Monarch of the Seas.
You should love her!

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 11th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Legend of the Seas

I was on her inaugural in '95 and on her twice last year (one week in Alaska and 2 weeks in Australia/New Zealand). Captain Sullivan is a nice addition to a very nice ship and since you will be comparing her to the "Monarch," I think you will be quite pleased. She may not have all the bells and whistles that the newer ships have but the centrum and glass walls are a nice touch. The cabins are definitely larger, even though "RCI" is not know for being generous in this area compared to other cruise lines. And something you don't see but impacts the passenger is the crew-to-passenger ratio has been better than many of the ships I have been on.

After you do the "Legend" you might want to try the Radiance class ("Radiance and Brilliance"). These do have the bells and whistles along with even larger rooms and an upscale buffet. They are usually pricier because they were built to accomodate fewer passengers on a larger ship (as opposed to cramming more folks on and charging each one less).

Any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me, Robbie