Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Default Monarch Sept 12-16, 2002. Stampers?

My wife is thinking about booking a stamping cruise aboard Enchantment for next September. If anyone was on last September's cruise "All that Sparkles Stamping Crafters Cruise" aboard Monarch, she would appreciate any information. Mainly, is it worth it* in terms of stamping? Are supplies provided or should she take her own? Etc.

* [For gosh sakes, it's a cruise! How could it not be worth it?]

Steve

Post Edited (03-01-03 13:21)
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2003, 06:32 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Monarch Sept 12-16, 2002. Stampers?

I don't know what stamping is but Monarch was our first cruise and she got us hooked. Even though she is a somewhat older ship, we thought she was great.
Old March 6th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Monarch Sept 12-16, 2002. Stampers?

Stamping is hobby which involves collecting rubber stamps of just about anything you can imagine. You also build up quite a supply of specialty colored inks and specially textured papers upon which to make the stamps. You put all of these thousands of stamps in a room and merrily create greeting cards and anything else you can think to create. There are shops and magazines that cater to the crafting specialty. It's far more diverse than I've just described. It's very similar, in microcosm, to old Oriental screen and block printing.

The cruise my wife is thinking about booking aboard Enchantment is specifically targetted at participqants in the hobby. There will be classes and stamping bees about texturing techniques and other aspects of the hobby.

Steve