Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Philip

Default Brilliance is "Cruise Travel" cover girl

Brilliance of the Seas is the ship of the month in the June issue of "Cruise Travel" magazine. Anyone else read the review in it?

For any Brilliance cruisers who have read the review, what do you think of the review? Anything in it you saw differently?

Philip
-------
Norwegian Sea 4/00
Vision of the Seas 3/01
Explorer of the Seas 9/01
Rhapsody of the Seas 12/01
Rhapsody of the Seas 5/02
Celebration 9/02
Brilliance of the Seas 3/03
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Brilliance is "Cruise Travel" cover girl

Philip: I read it and I think they covered the ship very well. You know that I loved Brilliance! I was so happy to see her on the cover of Cruise Travel when it arrived in my mailbox.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:37 PM
babyg

Phillip
When are you sailing on Brilliance of the Seas?
We have never sailed on RCL, but just made a reservation for 3/19/04. Any information that you gave give me would be much appreciated, including which cabins with verandas are best, food, entertainment, etc.

Maybe we'll be on the same cruise.

Thanks so much,
Phyllis
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Philip

Default Re: Re: Brilliance is "Cruise Travel" cover girl

Phyllis,
We were on her in March.

We were in a category D cabin on deck 10. Nice cabin, nice balcony.

Food was excellent, and the Windjammer is the best one I've ever seen on a RCI ship. You won't be disappointed.

As for entertainment... well, we didn't make any of the shows. I tend to get very tired after dinner, and if I try and go sit through a show I'd be snoring! haha But from what I heard it was all good.

There are 2 reviews posted in this forum, one from me and one from MaryLou. She was on the same one and led a group of us Cruisemates.com cruisers.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Philip
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Phyllis: Brilliance is an awesome ship. You will have a wonderful time. Below is the link to my review. If you have any more questions, please ask. Brilliance is certainly at the top of my list.
http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...illiance17.cfm

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Ritag

Default Re: Re: Brilliance is "Cruise Travel" cover girl

babyg - We've sailed Brilliance twice, and are booked for a third time next March 8th, so we'll be getting of while you are getting on! You will absolutely love Brilliance - we have cruised 27 times, and think she is one of the best ships we've experienced - and we love RCI. We found the cabins on the bump - on the port side - are the best. We've had 9070 (nice) 9076 (nicer) and are booked in 9092 which has an huge balcony! Friends of ours have been in the aft cabins - which also have large balconies - and they love those, too, but we find it too long a walk to the midship elevators. There are no passenger stairways or elevators in the rear of the ship, so if you don't mind walking a distance, the aft cabins are nice. If you want to take an E cabin, look on the deck plan for those E category cabins that are on the bump - look at the size of the balconies - and you'll see that those balconies are bigger than the side balconies.

Entertainment has been good - not great - usual cruise ship entertainment. Food was good - again, not great - but any meal I don't have to prepare or serve (or clean up after) is fine. Steaks, salmon and chicken are always available at dinner if you don't care for the menu courses. Main courses were always good, presented well and served hot, so please don't be put off when I say the food was good, but not great. Please keep in mind that the kitchen is preparing meals for 1200 or more people at one time, so don't expect 5 star cuisine.

The outstanding feature of this ship, in my opinion, is the staff and crew - from the Captain down to the cleaning people. Everyone is extremely nice, friendly and always smiling. We especially like some of the folks in the Schooner Bar (Arvin and Erick) and Eddie in the Sports Bar. they always went above and beyond in the service they provided.

We have booked Brilliance again for March, and can't wait! Happy sailinhg - you've definitely picked a good ship!

Ritag