Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Price Dropping?

When people on the board talk about price dropping and say to keep checking (even after they've booked) - do they mean with the cruise line? Example: I pay $1,500 for a suite on RCL, but the price thru RCL is $1,650 (I get my price thru agent) and then RCL drops their price below that. Did anyone understand what I am trying to ask? (I think I confused myself).
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Browezilla

Default Re: Price Dropping?

Just check the web sites for lower fares (this site, icruise.com, www.mytravelco.com, cruise411.com, etc etc.) Even Check RCCLs site. Once you find a lower price, call your TA. Your TA has to handle all price changes. BTW, some of the cruise lines now don't honor all "lower price" finds after the initial booking. This is due to regional discounts, last minute deals, age-based discounts, etc. It's getting complicated, and I no longer feel that it is cheaper to book way in advance. However, if you are outside of the cruise lines cancellation date for a full refund (usually 60-70 days), you can cancel your reservation and rebook to get the lower fare (you TA may charge you for the change though).

In the articles section on this site is a good write up on this (Kuki or ErnieMC wrote it).

By the way, if you are looking to save some bucks on a cruise, check out icruise.com's Visa card. You can save $500, $800, or $1000 off of a cruise once you hit certain spending thresholds. They return about 3.5 cents for every dollar you spend on the card.
Best affinity card I've seen. RCCL also has a credit card, but it doesn't seem to be as good a deal as Icruise