Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2003, 10:37 PM
shari3

Default serenade

booked for February 7th. Any info on this ship would be greatly appreciated - Shari
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Default Re: serenade

Sheri3,

Im not sure what you mean by any.

The Serenade of the seas is the third of the "Radiance class " ships that RCI contracted to be made. The first two are the Radiance and the Brilliance, 968 feet long and capable of carrying 2100 - 2500 passengers with a crew of 859. They are made by Meyer Werft shipyards in Papenburg Germany on the same model. The Serenade is brand new and was just delivered to RCI. The transatlantic voyage 8/4 - 8/11 took the (as yet officially unnamed) to boston. After some pre-inaugeral cruises it will be christined on 8/22 and Whoopi Goldburg willl be its god-mother. If you go into YAHOO and search on
+CRUISE+RADIANCE+REVIEW then you will get some reviews of one of the sister ships and SERENADE is very much the same.
The captain, Master Nicholas Antalis, was the captain of the Vison of the Seas and his reputation is as a friendly captain who mingles with the passengers. He is a fine navigator and brought the Vision close to the red hot lava flows on the Hawaiian Cruise and brought the Vision very close to the Hubbard Glaciar on the Alaskan Cruise.
The rumor is that the position of Cruise Director will soon be filled by Ken Rush of other Vision class and Radiance class ships. He does a fine job and has a good sense of humor.

Reports are coming in from the transatlantic cruise at link:
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...44&f=408097554

The Serenade story is at
http://home.tiscali.nl/~t411310/ser/serenade01.htm

Royal Caribbean has information at
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/asp/br...R&s=D3EDA034BB

A fine photographer on the transatlantic cruise named SanJoseCA was kind enought to share his album on the web at the link
http://community.webshots.com/album/84523158mpcFEy

Deck plans are at
http://www.royalcaribbean4me.com/rcc...eas_deck_7.htm

Deck 7 is quieter then deck 9 when the band is playing on deck 11.
There is only one electrical outlet in the e1,e2,e3 cabin and it has two plugs so a power strip is recommended as is a night light. RCI will allow you to bring water to your room when you come on board but will intercept liquor (except for ceremonial wine). Every room has a safe and the one in the E3 on the radiance (which should be the same) is about 6"high x 15"deep x 22"wide (my guess from a picture I have). Dont bring a swiss army knife or a pen knife. They will take it and give you a large sharp knife to cut your food(go figure).

This gives you a start. Isnt the internet a wonderful toy?

Work hard, play hard, cruise cruise, cruise...

Regards,

J

Post Edited (08-16-03 00:15)
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sseaver1
Default Re: Re: serenade

Thanks also for the info...we are booked on April 17th.............last cruise was 6 years ago on Carnival Ecstacy.....thanks again

Scott and Barb
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sseaver1

Shari, as you find more info, please direct some my way...we haver about 15 family and friends on the Serenade next april....cant wait.

Scott and Barb
New Gloucester Maine
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:44 PM
shari3

I will certainly let you kmow anything I find out! Shari
Old August 18th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Hi Shari, I just got off the Serendade of the the Seas. What a great ship!!!
Capt. Nicholas Antalis went around poolside and inquired "How's everything going?"
Ken Rush is the cruise director. The shows were exceptional. I took over a hundred photos of the ship. I will post 50 of them on the photo gallery!