Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Default Comparison between Radiance & Voyager Class

Can anyone who has been on the Radiance Class and the Voyager Class ships tell me if I am going to be disappointed in the Radiance? I have been on the Explorer and Adventure of the Seas but not the smaller class.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Comparison between Radiance & Voyager Class

Hi CN,
No, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all, in fact you may like the "Radiance" class a little better. There won't be quite the number of activities, but there is a rock wall, no ice rink Food, service and entertainment are great on both classes, cabins are layed out pretty much the same on both. I did love the pool deck better on the "Voyager" class, the Radiance pool and decks seemed way too small, and it was an effort to find a lounge chair in the late morning, especially on a sea day. You will find self leveling pool tables on Radiance close to the "chops" restaurant and another lounge. I thought the atrium on Radiance was exceptional, but I really love the atriums over the mall on Voyager.

You will also notice a big difference in the Windjammer Cafe, lots of different food stations, virtually no lines ever and they have double stations, one on each side, plus a drink station and coffee. You'll also find coffee and drink areas in various places, so if you are in search for just something to drink, you won't need to go all the way to the Windjammer for it.

Do let us know how you like this class, I like it better, but still would go on any Voyager class again too, in fact next cruise is on Voyager in Feb, did Radiance this last Feb, and the year before Explorer.

Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 21st, 2003, 02:31 PM
my $.02

Been on both classes twice, and you will not be disapointed on the Radiance class. The layout is about the same, but I think the radiance is a more eligent ship with more appeal.

Love them both, but like the radiance class a bit better.
Old October 21st, 2003, 02:46 PM
First Mate

Hey Cruisenut

I am in the same dillema. I have sailed on all vger class ships (some multiple times) and am looking for a change. Love vger class and am hesitant to go smaller. Let me know what you come up with. Looking to book for Feb.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:49 AM
Passenger

Thanks to all for the input, I really appreciate. I will be sure to let you know about it when I return.

Thanks Again

38 days and counting down