Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:00 AM
Passenger

Default More questions about NOS??????

I am considering changing my stateroom location. We are currently book in far aft of the ship on the port side and I would rather be on the sea side of the ship. However, there were no cabins avalible until and they are mostly on the sea side in the mid-forward of the ship. Which is better for noise aft or mid-forward? Where exactly do you get on the ship?
There is also a cabin mid near the elevator, but I think that's a no-no.

Also, I wanted to know are there refrigerators in the rooms? How is RCI about bringing drinks such as San Pellegrino, and other bottled waters onboard?
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
SamIAm

Default Re: More questions about NOS??????

How far aft are we talking here? Are you completely aft...as in a cabin looking out at the wake of the ship? If you are that far aft, don't move. You have one of the best locations on the ship. Port side actually had better views of everything on the Western Caribbean run on the NOS. If I were you I would stay put, you sound like you have a good location.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:11 PM
SamIAm

Also, you board the ship right near the Schooner lounge on Deck 4 and yes they have Pellgrino and you can probably get away with sneaking a few bottles on board. They seem to have the biggest problem with booze, not water.

ps...there is never any noise from elevators anywhere on the ship. We were right outside the elevator bank on the NOS on September 20th and never heard a peep.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 04:11 PM
Passenger

SamIAm,

I am in cabin 6676 and was thinking about cabin 6224.
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:05 AM
SamIAm

A move from 6676 to 6624 is a good move due to 6624's better location. However, you do realize you are moving from a D6 category to a DB. 6624 is a DB and those are a bit smaller (at least I am 90% sure of that). So, if you do, there should be a reduction in the rate you pay. However, 6624 is a better location and you DO NOT have to worry about elevator noise. Deck plans are a bit deceiving in that they make it look like the room are right near the elevators, but I guarantee you they are not. You will not hear any noise and the Business Services area is a great place to sit and overlook the Promenade. Big cozy lounge chairs there!!
Old October 27th, 2003, 01:49 PM
SamIAm

Oops sorry, dyslexia kicks in again... Well either way 6224 or 6676, you are either really far forward or really far aft and honestly I would still rather be in the aft cabin, but at this point, its equi-distant from stairwells, etc., so it doesn't matter much. If you still have a chance for the mid-way cabin, go for it. I guarantee you there will be no noise.