Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2003, 10:42 PM
StacL

Default Formal Wear - Rent on the ship

I'm considering a tux rental from the ship to save the bother of packing one. What has been the experience of others that have done this? It seems reasonable enough. I've read that many just wear a dark suit, but I love my husband in a tux and haven't seen him in one since the wedding 12 years ago.

Thanks in advance!

Jubilee, June '87
Destiny, April '02
Celebration, July '03
Rhaposdy OS, April '04 (first RCI cruise)
Crown Princess, May '05 (first Princess cruise)
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Formal Wear - Rent on the ship

I rented a tux twice and once it was perfect....waiting in our room when we got there. The other time my order got "misplaced" and they were out of my size. For a little more than the price of a rental you can buy a tux and have it for all cruises....that is my gameplan for our next cruise.........
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Passenger

It is much less expensive to get the tux through the cruise line. We went to a tux shop to get one for my husband, and they charge a fee for every day that you keep it after the first day - it was going to be around $250 for the 10 days that we would need it, and only around $100 to rent it on the ship, plus the convenience of just leaving it in your cabin and not having to return it when you get home.
Laurie
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:01 PM
browezilla

I was just on the Navigator a month ago. I think that less than 5% wore tuxes. I was surprized at how the number has dwindled. Women were still dressed to the nines, but men have moved to predominantly dark suits
Old November 7th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Admiral

When I got married in 2001 I made the decision to purchase a Tux rather than rent becuase I would use it at least 3 times, once for the ceremony and twice during the honeymoon cruise (which unfortunately got cancelled due to my stepdaughter being diagnosed with cancer a month before the wedding). Those three occasions alone would more than cover the cost of the tux in rentals. Places like Men's Wearhouse and Syms have good tuxes at reasonable prices.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 8th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Beginner

My husband has done it twice and it has been great every time. So easy. They bring it to your room and they take it away. I highly recommend it!
Old November 8th, 2003, 07:49 PM
StacL

Thanks everyone! I think that purchasing one would be more cost effective, as well. It's something I should consider.

Jubilee, June '87
Destiny, April '02
Celebration, July '03
Rhaposdy OS, April '04 (first RCI cruise)
Crown Princess, May '05 (first Princess cruise)