Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Beginner

Default Rush to book Portofinos and Chops?

My husband and I are flying into Orlando the day before our cruise, but we were planning on slowly making our way to the port on Sunday. Is it necessary to change our plans and get to the ship ASAP to book reservations for Chops or Portofinos? We don't have specific days we want to go, but at the same time I would like a few choices.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM
ScottZ

Default Re: Rush to book Portofinos and Chops?

We had no problem, the concerge even helped get our 10 year old in. The biggest rush we saw was for spa services! The first day there was a 2 hour line. They do all the appointments on a big piece of paper. Stupid.
Old January 6th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Yeoman

We tried to rsvp at Portofinos on the Navigator 2 days into sailing (slipped our minds) and ended up on a waiting list. Course it was over New Years so they were booked. The next day we got a call saying they could get us in. She only had a few slots open (mainly early like 6) and that there were 150 people on the waiting list. We had no problem eating early and when we got there the place was empty for about 15 mins. Well worth the $25 pp fee. I have no idea how much water I drank because it seemed like every time a took a few sips it was filled up again. The menu has antipasta, soup, salad, pasta, entrees and desserts to choose from (and as much as you want). They prepared my husbands salad (caesar) at the table. They bring some different kinds of bread with 3 dips (tuna, olive/anchovies, and tomatoes) plus olive oil and balsamic vineagar. I ordered the tomato and mozzerella, the mista salad, skipped the pasta, lobster (and wound up getting two tails vs one), and the berries in custard. It was all excellent, including the service. There was not an additional tip figured in the bill (as is with everything else) so we did add a tip. You shouldnt have any problem getting in as long as you book shortly after boarding. Enjoy it!!

alison

Enchantment 12/02
Navigator 12/03
Mariner 12/04
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Gopherhockey

My wife and I (now on the Explorer) called 2 days after setting sail (just a couple days in advance of our planned dining) and got our reservations with no problem. We did request an 8:30pm time, however... earlier times may book up sooner.