Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Chig

Default A few more questions...**

I've been up every night until 3 or 3:30 reading the boards, going back into the old posts to find "treasures" of information. I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen asked previously.

1- Do I need to take my Blue Cross health card if I've purchased travel insurance?

2- Can I take my can of International Coffee? I know it's silly but I've recently started drinking a couple of varieties and was wondering. I've read there is a specialty coffee shop and wondered if they might say because coffee is sold onboard, I can't take mine.

3- My dd and I are going on this cruise. She's in really good shape and wants to do Dunn's River Falls. I know I could not make it so I think I'll stay at the bottom and just take pictures of her climbing as well as the beautiful surroundings. How do we meet up again? Can she climb back down? Is there transportation at the top that will pick her up and return her to the ship? Or will the transportation bring her to the bottom of the Falls again?

I know these are probably stupid questions and I won't know just how stupid they are for another couple of weeks, then I'll find out *all* the answers!

BTW, there will probably be more questions between now and Friday! Thanks for your help!

Chig
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: A few more questions...**

Chig, thanks for asking about Dunn River Falls. We were wondering the same thing about reuniting with those who don't walk up. Hope someone answers!
Old January 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: A few more questions...**

At Dunn's falls there is a stairway next to the falls which goes to the top. You can either attempt the falls, and simply get off and on to the stairway if you get tired, or you can climb the stairs and even take pictures of your friends as they pass various points along the way.

And if you want, you certainly can take you own coffee onboard with you.

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Chig

Default Re: Re: A few more questions...**

Thanks for the answers about the coffee and doing Dunn's River Falls. :-)

Still need to know if I should take my Blue Cross Health card though. I've purchased travel insurance (including pre-existing conditions) but I was curious if I needed my Blue Cross card too.

Another question: Is the "Lido" an eating area? If so, how's the food there?

What time does breakfast start in the Windjammer? I was thinking of maybe beginning the day early over coffee and an omelet and some reading material. Would 6am be too early for the chefs to be set up? If you arrive too early do you just eat Continental Style?

Thanks all,
Chig