Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:06 PM
First Mate

Default Mariner Dining Menu "Dinner"

Going on the Mariner, Western Caribbean in April. Does anyone have a copy of the dinner menu for this seven day cruise? We were kinda wondering what days we should try for reservations at Chops and Portifinos. Thought seeing the menus ahead of time will help us make these decisions. Also would like to know how much people tip in these dining rooms. I know the tip is suposedly included in the $25.00 cover charge but I feel we should leave extra. What would be acceptable?
Libby
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2004, 01:15 AM
APF

Default Re: Mariner Dining Menu "Dinner"

The food was simply bad last December on Mariner.

If you are used to good food on vacations, you will be very dissapointed. Everything I ate had little, was tough, or tasted like it had been sitting in metal for days. The breads and cheeses were particularly poor.

Portofino's and Chops were very good though.

They have gone waaaay downhill over the past two years in my opinion.

Yes... always leave extra if the service is good. They work so hard!

Adam
Old February 27th, 2004, 07:30 AM
JennN

We were on the Mariner a month ago and the food was fantastic. Well, breakfast in the dining room left A LOT to be desired, including the service. Lunch and dinner meals were wonderful every night, especially in Portofino's. We ate at a table of eight, and no one ever disliked their meals. This was my fiance's seventh cruise, and he said it was the best food he'd had on a cruise yet. Maybe it was just an off December week.
Old February 27th, 2004, 05:46 PM
APF

Yeah I don't know.... I thought Chops and Portofino were GREAT, but the main dinning food was just below-average. Nothing great. Same with the Windjammer for lunch---just awful! RCI is just a a mass-market line, so what can we expect? It was better on Serenade of the Seas though.